Browsing: Keeping Pigeons Away from a Bird Feeder

Feeding Birds without Feeding Pigeons

I love feeding the birds and squirrels but in doing so get tons of pigeons and they take over my bird feeders. How can I feed my birds but not welcome pigeons? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Noreen from Wyandotte, Mi

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I know the difference between pidgeons and doves--I have them both and love the doves. I helped circulate petitions to help stop the doves from being hunted on our last election in Michigan and the doves won!

Pigeons need love too. If you still prefer to pigeon-hole certain bird types, perhaps you could post a sign that says "NO PIGEONS ALLOWED"? You could try writing it in pigeon-english.

What a bunch of pigeon/dove lovers here! Doesn't seem that anyone is interested in answering the question.

The bird store where I buy my seed told me to not to buy the seed with millet (the small round yellow seed) in it. It worked for me for a number of months. I just put my birdfeeder out a few days ago (being away all summer) and after two days the pigeons and doves are back.

I like pigeons just don't want them eating all the birdseed. They chase away the birds and I'll have a back yard full of pigeons. I used to get a varity of birds.

Pigeons are an absolute nuisance! I have doves, pigeons, native wild birds and squirrels. The pigeons eat all the food and poop everywhere. I am trying to find a way to feed the squirrels as I have squirrel proof bird feeders but still want to feed squirrels without pigeons eating everything.

Three pigeons on a bird feeder
Keeping Pigeons Away from a Bird Feeder
Home and Garden Pest Control BirdsJune 24, 2004
Baby Bottle Feeding
Bottle Feeding Your Baby
Grapes growing under a net to protect them from the birds.
Protecting Grapes from Birds
Bluetit on a birdfeeder.
Feeding Wild Birds
Five Pigeons
Getting Rid of Pigeons
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 9:38:26 AM on 10.0.1.242 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.