Bring Food to the Office

My frugal tip is that I often bring part of my breakfast and lunch to work and buy the remainder from the cafeteria. This way, I can still socialize with my coworkers and also feel good about saving money at the same time. It's a simple idea, but one that many people do not seem to think about.

By Clair from Teaneck, NJ

There are actually a lot of good foods that you can store in a desk. When I was pregnant, working with an hour commute (oneway) and had gestational diabetes, I ALWAYS had to keep food stored away. Here are some shelf safe foods:

boxed milk (even hershey's chocolate);

juice boxes;

soup cups or pouches;

applesauce cups & fruit cups;

peanut butter or cheese and crackers (like Austin's); salad dressing (Newman's own Italian is shelf-safe, read label!);

Alot of these products can be purchased store brand, but even paying a little more for the convenience is made up with saving money on junk food and your health!

Lunch from Home
Alternatives to Cafeteria Food
Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceMarch 15, 2006
woman using computer
Using Microsoft Office Programs
Office Party
Office Party Prize Ideas
Office Decorations
Ideas for Decorating an Office
Office chair with lime green cushions.
Fixing a Squeaky Office Chair