Cat Urine on Paper

This will probably sound like an odd request an I don't hold out much hope, but my cat urinated on some semi-important papers (Certificate of Authenticity) I am wondering if there is a way to remove the urine stain from the paper. Any tip is appreciated.

Michele from PA

I found a post on a paper conservator's list that says that enzyme treatment might be best. That would be products like Nature's Miracle or other pet enzyme treatments. For one thing, it would remove any smells from the document. Once that is taken care of, letting it sit in the sunshine might help remove the stain. I've never tried anything like this so let us know how it turns out.

Susan from ThriftyFun

My cat used a cross stitch page for her bathroom. I covered the page with kitty litter. Waited a day and brushed it off. Took all the smell and most of the stain off. Be sure and wait until completely dry, or the paper will dissentigrate.

I have actually sprayed paper many times and have great results. Make solution of 3% hydrogen peroxide and "No Rinse body Bath". Adjust the sprayer to fine mist. Best if can place in very dry area or outside briefly. Also might put white paper on front and back (after mostly dry) and stack heavy books for a few days to keep documents crisp looking

Home and Garden Cleaning Books and PapersDecember 11, 2004
A kitten sitting on a wood floor.
Cleaning Cat Urine Smell on Hardwood Floors
A cat sitting on a couch.
Removing Cat Urine Odor from a Couch
cat in a house
Getting Rid of Cat Urine Odors
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout