What Breed Is My Dog? (German Shepherd mix)

When I bought my dog it said she was an Alaskan Husky, German Shepherd, Alaskan Malamute mix. Is this true? Here's a picture.

Kira from On., Canada

Definitely has German Shepherd in her.

Seems to be a good description. Whatever she is, she's a beautiful dog.

Awww she's adorable!

She is definitely a German Shepherd cross. She's beautiful whatever she is!

Monique

Somerset, UK

One day, she'll look VERY Shephard. Give her bread and lightly cooked ground meats/pork, with veggies and garlic salt....no vitamins/minerals after she's gained weight. Consider worming her if she cannot gain. She has a dear expression. : )

Well I dont think it is mixed with Alaskan Malamute but it definatly has a LOT of German shepard in it. Here is a German Shepherd/Alaskan Malamute mix. This one does not look like yours very much. Hope this helps.

I would say certainly gsd and husky, but she doesnt exhibit any malamute attributes. She looks like she has a very sweet temperament, regardless. Does she like to climb, escape your boundaries, if so that is a good indication she has a little husky in her.!!

Hi! Your dog looks strangely like mine! The petshop where I bought her told me that she was a siberian husky mix. But I don't know with what other breed she could be mixed! I know her mom was a siberian husky. Do you have any idea of the other breed? She is 8 months, weights about 40 pounds and is 20 inches tall. Her ears are sometimes floppy, sometimes straight. It depends.

My male puppy Levi looks like both of yours guys dogs! We got him from the pound and they also said he was a German Shepherd husky mix. So my family and I have been trying to figure out what he really is. He has more German Shepherd coloring then anything and body build but his face is different looking! He is a good dog! ^__^

I have a husky/Shepard mix and she is beautiful! Every time I walk her, people ask what she is and tell her how pretty she is, I would have to agree. Zoe is a very sweet dog! But she does get a bit growly in the evening when she wants to be left alone or around her food! This is a pic of her and my 2 dachshunds, Gaby & Nuts.

I notice that this is a fairly old post but I thought I'd throw my $0.02 worth. To say that it is an Alaskan Husky/German Shepherd/Alaskan Malamute mix is kinda redundant. The Alaskan Husky is technically not a breed of dog but a mix of several types to obtain a "work dog" of function and not form or appearance (that could be to say that calling it an Alaskan Husky already encompasses the other two breeds, and the Alaskan Husky has no specific markings because it was bread for its working capabilities). The dogs I've seen mixed are usually Siberian Husky, Alaskan Malamute, German Shepherd and Border Collie just to name a few. Your dog definitely appears to have the markings of a German Shepherd, and I could maybe see Alaskan Malamute from the tail, but the body looks much to small to come from either. This body looks very much like a typical Alaskan Husky, but where it comes from? Years of breeding, possibly the Border Collie. So to answer your question I would say you have an Alaskan Husky "breed" and the markings seem to reflect more of a German Shepherd than anything else I could see.

This is Chuck. He's a German Shepherd/Alaskan Husky/Timberwolf mix. He weighs about 120 lbs. His father was 3/4 Husky, 1/4 Timberwolf and was pure white and weighed 150 lbs. (Big Dog!) His mother was a pure German Shepherd and very dark markings with a weight of about 75 lbs.

Chuck is fun, but he cannot be let off leash unless he's in a fenced area. He likes to go adventure roaming and it's hours before he returns.

I've never been able to identify some other dogs that look this similar to mine! My 8 month old puppy Avila comes from a rescue litter that told us she was probably part golden retriever and part Australian Shepherd or German Shepherd. We aren't sure what to believe, she doesn't have a fluffy long coat, it's coarse and soft and she sheds a lot. Her coloring looks just like Levi and that of a German Shepherd. But, she is small, probably around 35 pounds with small paws, floppy ears that alternate sticking up once in a while, and a curved up tail. She also has a mottled tongue, pink nose, and medium brown eyes. :)

I definitely see germain shepard from her coloring and course fur. From the way she sits with such strong front legs and the shape of her forehead, I would say some breed of pit bull terrier. Maybe a shafferstier terrier, its a smaller breed. There is definitely something else though

German Shepherd Mix
German Shepherd Mix Breed Information and Photos
Pets DogsMarch 25, 2007
Australian Shepherd Breed Information and Photos
German Shepherd
German Shepherd - Breed Information and Photos
Caesar (Siberian Husky and German Shepherd Mix)
Siberian Husky - German Shepherd Mix Info and Photos
Skinny German Shepherd Laying Down
Skinny German Shepherd
🎉
🎄