If you're like me you'll want to make up extra because it will keep up to a week in the fridge for more meals. The best part is that it tastes even better after marinating a day or two ;-) Be sure to keep the romaine separate from the body of the salad until serving so it remains crisp.
- Romaine lettuce, chopped
- Summer sausage, ham or salami, cubed
- Mozzarella or provolone cheese, cubed
- Marinated artichoke hearts, quartered lengthwise (my favorite is the jarred Cara Mia)
- Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- Plum tomatoes, cubed, or cherry tomatoes, halved
- Pepperoncini, sliced (available jarred if you do not have access to fresh)
- Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Balsamic or red wine vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil
Combine all ingredients, except for the romaine, in a large bowl. Drizzle with vinegar and oil and toss. Spoon over individual plates of romaine and serve.
By Deeli from Richland, WA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
In This Guide
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 17, 2017 at 8:45:23 AM on 10.0.1.230 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us