Doily Heart Decoration
This darling colorful door decoration will make you look twice. It's feminine touch of lacy goodness brings a smile to your lips. Easy to make and decorate.
Approximate Time: 20 minutes
- 8 inch heart doilies (white) 3 for this project.
- 3 - 8 inch hearts cut from construction paper (all different colors)
- glue stick, hot glue gun, and glue
- 12 inch wide white floral ribbon
- tape to adhere to door
- tiny fabric rosettes of different colors
- 3 small 1.25 inch foam hearts
- 3 - 1 inch foam hearts
- First cut your hearts to fit your doily. I traced mine using the doily and then cut a pattern.
- Color in areas that you'd like highlighted. Glue one of the small hearts on top of the 1.5 inch heart and glue it in the center of each large doily on construction paper.
- Embellish with tiny colored fabric rosebuds to the center of the smaller heart. I hot glued these as they are a little heavier and I wanted a firm setting to make them lay flat.
- Glue all three hearts to a 12 inch length of floral ribbon. Make sure each one is separated equally and glued straight onto the ribbon.
- You can embellish these however you like, but I really wanted a very feminine door hanger. Suggestions would be small colored ribbons made into a bow, a pretty button or any other item you deem beautiful and useful.
By Gem from VA
February 2, 20110 found this helpful
February 4, 20110 found this helpful
I don't have a lot of time to crochet. I'm wondering if the paper lace doilies come in heart-shapes. This is a sweet idea but too time consuming. Maybe next year though.
Thanks for a nice idea for Valetine's Day decorating.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on November 28, 2016 at 4:20:07 AM on 10.0.0.75 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us