Crafts Using Gourds

I am a crafter wanna be but have a lack of imagination, so I need pictures of other peoples crafts to get me started. I have a lot of old barn wood and can't get any ideas on what to do with it. The same with gourds as I find I am not the greatest painter. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Paulette

I've seen the old barn wood used as a stand up country santa. I think it was nailed to a flat square base. Because it's country, it doesn't have to be "perfect".

A good craft for old barn wood is to make an "old-fashioned" sign. We decorated our bedroom in a cabin theme with black bears and pine trees. My husband plans to make a "Do Not Feed the Bears" sign burning the letters on. Black paint would work too. A cute bathroom sign could be: "Baths - 5 cents". You could paint the family sir name and hang it on the front of the house by the door. Or paint your house numbers.

Paulette, if you will email me at fmnfkn @ aol.com(remove spaces) I can give you some information on gourds and where to look at lots of them.

I have not tried this with Gourds, but could a stencil of some kind be put on them? Or trace a picture onto it and paint it that way. I am not artistic either so thought this might be a solution for you. Good Luck.

For the old barn wood it makes nice picture frames or frames for mirrors. My sister in law does glass etching on mirrors and uses old barn wood for framing the mirrors when she is done for the rustic look.

try looking at www.craftster.org - they have some great ideas for lots of different kinds of crafts, and new ones are coming in all the time ^_^

Last week in our local paper I saw an article about a woman who was making purses out of gourds. They were cute and had straps on them.

Any ideas for setting up a nice space for crafting. I have so many projects I want to do, when you have to put it all away after to use the kitchen table or where ever then it's hard to start up again. I have a large table set up in my basement with room for the sewing machine and all. I'd like it make it nice so I want to be there. I like all sorts of crafting, sewing, painting, etc. Any ideas or pictures of someone else's space so I can make it user friendly and a fun place to be would be great. My parrot and rabbit share this room so I will get to spend time with them also. So what ever is on the floor must be safe for them and also the bunny loves to chew.

thanks, Val

I recently bought some gourds from Michaels, I made birdhouses out of them for Christmas gifts . I can not paint either so I bought some "rub on stencils" (went on very easily) then sprayed polyurtherine on it to seal. I must say they turned out beautiful and everyone that has seen them thought I painted it on.

I will take your barn wood if you still have it. I have uses for it.

I'm a gourd grower and crafter. I love to paint and make thing with gourds. Just draw something on them and paint away. That is after ya clean them. You'll have a ball and believe me people will buy them.

I fell in love with gourds and mainly make purses out of them. I paint, wood burn and just polish them with shoe polish. the challenge is finding fasteners for the closures. i k stackhouse @ yahoo

Down here in TX, where I live, people make all kinds of stuff out of old wood. The stuff I like the most is furniture. I saw a whole bedroom suite made out of it for a young boy and decorated western. And then there are corner shelves and other shelves also. People make the tops of the shelves look like old picket fencing running around the back and sides. Of course they also use old fencing materials to build with. Also benches with a seat that opens up for storage. Bookoos of ideas!

Crafts using gourds
Crafts Using Gourds
Crafts NatureOctober 3, 2005
Ornamental Gourds
Preserving Ornamental Gourds
Snowman Gourds
Making Snowman Gourds
Growing Gourds
Growing Gourds
Painting Gourds
Crafts Made With Gourds
🎉
🎄