AdviceRecipes

Chilli Wine Recipe

I have a very old recipe for chilli wine, any idea what it was used for?

Thank you in advance,
Glenda from Queensland, Australia

Do a google search on chilli wine and read all the interesting facts. Don't know if that is what you want, but interesting non the less.

I have had chili wine before, to drink, and it was very good. It was different, but good. I would imagine it would be good to cook with

Hi Glenda

I am in the local Herb group in Townsville. Can I please request that you email it to me at LeoQueeCathy at hot mail dot com? We love getting recipes or these things. If some members make it, I can get back to you on the best uses for it.

Hi I'm from South Africa and love trying out new things. I would really appreciate it if you could email me the receipe - I'm sure my family would love to try it.

Dear Glenda. I would also love a copy of the chilli wine recipe if you are able to email it to me. pjhopwood_02@optusnet.com.au. Thankyou Jody

Dear Glenda'

I would appreciate it if you could email me the recipe for making chili wine. my email address egandola @yahoo.com thank you

I have been looking for a recipe for Chilli Wine because during my Naval Service all officers messes used Chilli Wine as a Condiment, similar to the now common use of Tabasco. I rather assumed it was created by the chefs, rather than purchased, and it was my impresion that it was simply leaving Chillis to soak in an alcoholic drink like Sherry, and then decanting the liquid into small droplet dispensers placed on the table. Any naval chefs around to help please?