"Pinch a Penny Till It Screams" Reviews

I would like to ask if anyone has read the book "Pinch a Penny Till It Screams" and if they could give a recommendation as to whether it is worth purchasing or not. My very small public library doesn't have a copy to rent, and in order to buy it, I would have to buy it from the internet without being able to look at it first; I don't want to waste the money buying this book if it won't be helpful.

Paula from Christmas, MI

Hi, Paula, I found reviews on Amazon.com for 2 different books by this title (one written back in 1993 and one written last year by different authors); so check out this website (http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref ... _b/?tag=thrif06-20"Books", then click on "Advanced Search", then enter your title and it should bring that page up. Good luck!

http://www.alibris.com/search/detai ... mp;page=1&matches=10&qsort=r

alibris always has the right price and you can review the book a little.

did you know that your library can have the book sent to them from another library for you to borrow? We do it all the time.. they call it a book request. It costs nothing.

I checked half.com for you and they only have the 1993 title, but it's 1.35.

Haven't read the book but I did IT for many years when our 4 kids were growing up!! It's possible and your family won't even realize you're doing it till you tell them later!

Thank you for your responses; I think that the library should always be the first choice and like kimmcg suggested using the inter-library loan system would be a very good solution, IF anyone in the whole system has the book you are looking for! I used the link from Lynn to go to Amazon.com where you can read excerpts from the book and view the table of contents. It helped me to decide that this book would not be a wise purchase for me; saving the money by not buying the book would probably be more frugal than any of the suggestions in the book. I think that the ThriftyFun staff should write a book on thrift and frugality, what do you think?!

Editor's Note: We've been working on getting the time to do that for years but so far it only get so far . . .

I'm pretty sure that libraries can get books through inter-library loan from ANY other library ANYWHERE. When I was in college about 5 years ago, one of my friends even got a book from Ireland through inter-library loan.

go to amazon.com--they post reviews at the bottom of the product info page

A woman putting on deodorant.
Deodorant Reviews
Fabric Softener Reviews
Fabric Softener Reviews
Ninja Blender
Ninja Blender Reviews
EmeryCat Board
Emery Cat Board Reviews
🎄