Curd Stain on Silk

I stained my nicest fine silk skirt with the milky liquid from the curd that makes mozzarella cheese. The dry cleaners could not get it out. It seems that the liquid is made of enzyme called renee. Not even water and soap can get it out.

Any Ideas?
Rosa from Boston, MA

There are enzyme pre-wash agents at the store to soak your clothes in before you wash them. Axon and Biz come to mind. There are ones made to take out baby-throw-up too, which is milk (renet) based. I don't know if you'd be able to use them on something that has been set by dry-cleaning. Try one, after all, the garment is already ruined--what do you have to lose?

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsDecember 23, 2005
Golden silk fabric
Cleaning Silk
Tofu on Plate with White Background
Homemade Tofu Recipes
Shelf Life of Lemon Curd
Shelf Life of Lemon Curd
Homemade lemon curd in a jar.
Lemon Curd Recipes