Measuring Curtains for a Wall

I would like to hang curtains on one wall in my bedroom. I would like the curtains to look full on the wall, not skimpy looking. Can some one tell me how I can measure the wall and then find out how many panels of curtains I will need?

Thanks!

The rule of thumb is 2 1/2 times the width of the window for "regular" fullness and 3 times the width for really full. I've done both and find if I have a heavier weight material 3 times is almost too much. If the material is voile or similar fabric then the 3 times works well for me.

It's a bit difficult to tell from your question if you are curtaining just a wall window or an entire wall with panels.

In the same vein as the info provided above, whatever the open width of your panels, you will need to have enough of them to measure a total of 2.5-3x the total width of your window or wall.

Custom panels are 3x the width for fullness (vs ready-made that are 2x for fullness). Fabric weight would account for differences in the amount you'd use, as would pattern, and fullness desired.

I really do appreciate this information because I can barely even sew a button.

The problem is this; I live in an old home and there is only one small window in the bedroom. However, it is not centered on the wall. This is the wall I want to cover with fabric; not just the window.

Our bed is in front of the window - but the window is not in the center of the bed. It's closer to the right of the headboard. It looks so weird. So I thought that I'd just put fabric on the whole wall.

This bedroom gets very little light anyway because it faces trees and another home. I hate dark rooms and will have to make it up with additional lighting, but at least I can camoflage the window so the bed will look centered.

BUT if anyone has any other ideas about what to do about my window/wall issue I sure would like to hear about them!

Thanks from Smoochie

Hanging Curtains With Pleat Hooks
Hanging Curtains
Home and Garden Home Improvement DecoratingSeptember 22, 2008
Curtains on a metal curtain rod.
Putting Curtains on a Curtain Rod
Young boy sitting on a step ladder cleaning a wall.
Homemade Wall Cleaner Recipes
Measuring Windows for New Curtains, Gold colored curtains and white sheers hanging on a wondow.
Measuring Windows for New Curtains
Starching Curtains
Starching Curtains
🎄
🍂