Lipstick Stain on Carpet

How do you remove dark lipstick stain from beige carpet?

Emma from Channel Islands, Jersey, UK

Try rubbing a baby wipe over the stain - I am told this works. I hope so.

Best of luck, Monique :)

I dropped my tube of lipstick on the carpet next to my vanity. Then stepped on it smooshing it in everywhere and walking all around unbeknowst to me.I got out my steam machine but it was broke, so I knew I had to get another machine.

Went to Target to pick up a new machine and whie there picked up Oxy/Woolite(spray) for carpets and something in the automotive section called KRUD KUTTER.. they worked like a charm.. along with my new steam cleaner..I swear by krud Klutter! Wish I had before and after pics. I thought for sure I needed to replace the carpeting!

November 9, 2008 Flag

My 4 year old daughter smeared Clinique lipstick on wool Berber carpet. Since I don't have lighter fluid, what would anyone recommend?

Kate from USA

Answers:

Lipstick Stain on Carpet

YEP, It worked! My 6 year old spilled burgundy lipstick on our NEW carpet (and then she tried to clean it up by rubbing it). The Goo Gone worked great. It needs time to soak in, and LOTS of paper towels to pull out the dye in the lipstick, but it worked. Not too bad!

Goo Gone is also great for removing wallpaper trim as well!
Thanks for the tip! (04/09/2007)

By Lisa

Lipstick Stain on Carpet

Goo gone worked for me, too. I followed it up with a steam cleaner, just to get the goo gone out. Thank goodness it worked! We've got light carpeting and the magenta stains totally didn't go with our decor. ;) (05/02/2008)

Lipstick Stain on Carpet

Goo gone also worked for me. My 3 year-old made a mess in our light tan carpet. I sprayed the product directly on the stain, blotted dry and repeated until the stain was almost gone. Then I used dish soap and water (following directions in the bottle). Since the lipstick was really creamy and VERY RED the stain left a pinkish residue.(06/01/2008)

By Gabbita

Lipstick Stain on Carpet

WD 40 removes lipstick well also. It also removes chewing gum in carpet. I own 105 rental properties, and we use it all the time. (08/12/2008)

By Bill in Georgia

October 17, 2005 Flag

How do I remove lipstick from the carpet?

Sharon from Hawaii

Answers:
Goo Gone 10/17/2005
Use Goo Gone, and follow the directions on the bottle. The same thing happened to me, and I kept rubbing Goo Gone on the spots until they were gone. I used dry paper towels to do this, replacing the towel when it was covered with the lipstick. You will be amazed, and it doesn't harm the carpeting!
By truerblue

Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetNovember 9, 2008
Uses for Lipstick Containers
Uses for Lipstick Containers
Coffee Stain on Carpet
Removing a Coffee Stain from Carpet
Lipstick
Removing Lipstick Stains on Fabric
Lipstick stain on a white shirt.
Removing Lipstick Stains on Clothing
🎄