OdorsCleaning

Musty Smell Coming From Waterbed

I have a soft-sided waterbed. The water is in tubes on the inside of the mattress. There is a strong musty odor, coming from the bed. I have checked for leakage and everything appears to be dry. The smell is on my gown when I get up in the mornings. Any suggestions or ideas?

By Jacque from Florence, KY

Use natures miracle spray. You can find it at that pet stores. It is an all natural product that will remove the odor. I used it when I had a mildew smell in my car and it took the smell away completely. :) It is guaranteed to work, so if you don't like it, take it back for a refund.

Thank you, Tracy. I will try it.

Any store that sells waterbeds also sells a product that you are supposed to add to the water inside the bed to stop it from smelling. Phone and ask them. I believe it is a small bottle of liquid.

Have you ever treated the water in your waterbed? You are supposed to treat it every so often (can't remember how often, my husband does it), maybe a couple of times a year. Find a store that sells waterbeds and get it there. It comes in a bottle and you just add it to the bed. If you've had the bed a long time and have never treated it, you probably need to drain and refill it. You should probably also ask the waterbed store about the smell, because I don't know that the water inside the bed would make the mattress smell bad.