Where Can I Donate Greeting Cards?

I have a large box of assorted greeting cards and would like to donate them. Could you give me an address to send them too?

By Ginny from Port Townsend, WA

http://www.ehow  eting-cards.html

You can call the local preschools and ask if they need them.The nursing homes, senior centers always need things for crafts. I used to make "Get well, Hope you feel better soon,Sunshine" cards for people in the hospital, out of used cards and construction paper. Maybe a Girl Scout troop can use them? GG Vi

I am an environmental educator, and am always in need of greeting cards for lots of projects I teach! I can use the entire card, front and back (many of the sayings can be re-used for multiple projects!). If you'd be willing to help, please send cards to my attention (Casey Eckert) at 4200 W. Plano Parkway, Plano, TX 75093. Thanks very, very much!

Hi Casey Eckert! I have hundreds of greeting cards. Are you still accepting them? If so, I will ship them to you as soon as I can. All sizes accepted? Thank you. Renee

Most elementary schools will use them, especially Christmas cards. But they will likely not turn down your cards. Phone around.

I was a teacher for years, and we used cards for numerous projects.

Sunday schools might use them as well.

St. Jude's Ranch for Children accepts all types of greeting cards. You can mail your donations to:

St. Jude's Ranch for Children

Recycled Card Program

100 St. Jude's Street

Boulder City, NV 89005

Do you still use greeting cards, I have a lot to send if you do.

St. Jude's Ranch for Children only needs the fronts of the cards (only send ones that do not have any personal writing on the back). It will also save you in postage.

http://www.stju  rg/help_card.php

After checking out their site they are no longer accepting cards.

Thank you all for your very good suggestions. I have several places I can go to now.

Ginny

Anonymous

What is the address for me to send old xmas and greetings cards?

Do I need to take the backs off? Email me. Chikdad@comcast.net

I am going through my cards new and used ones and want to know if I need to just send the fronts of them or all of the card? I also need to have an address to send them to. Thank you.

By Carolyn from Edgar, NE

Answers

One way to reuse greeting cards is put a white label over the signature which is generally on the inside, sign it and send it on. This way the card can be used multiple times.

Looking for an envelope? Go to a store where they sell greeting cards and ask to speak to the person who stocks the cards. Ask the person if you could have the envelopes that they find that don't have a card to go with them. This is a great way to collect different sizes of envelopes and in color too.

http://www.stju  ed-card-program/

I am an environmental educator and would love to have your cards for the workshops I teach to kids, from preschool to high school. I can use the entire card, including the saying inside, which we use for multiple purposes. Also, I can really use everyday cards such as birthday, anniversary, get-well, etc. If you'd like to help, please send your cards to: Earth Inspired Crafts, P. O. Box 1981, Allen, TX 75013-1981. Thanks so much!

Anonymous

Are you a business, using the cards to make money for yourself? You say you are an educator and teach kids, is that your main goal? Just want to know who will benefit from what I donate.