Decorative Sea Glass Light

This is sea glass in a small fish bowl. A lady I worked for made this. She spends hours and hours finding this glass in Lake Michigan and other lakes she visits in her travels. This is a Christmas gift from her and I wanted to share it with you! She has many decorative bowls and figurines filled with this colored glass.

I mentioned to her once how I loved her collection and I was brought to tears when I opened her gift to me! I know the time she put into finding these beautiful pieces of glass. I have about a handful of my own which we found in Lake Michigan and I swear it took hours and hours and many trips to the beach to find it.

She put it in the bowl alternately with mini Christmas lights and put the doily on top with a ribbon. It's so much more gorgeous than this picture shows. I will use it as a nightlight in my living room so everyone can enjoy it. It
gets so many compliments!

Ariela from Jax, FL

Thank You for sharing this, isn't it wonderful having a loving friend like this? I would rather have a handmade gift anytime over a purchased one. This one is lovely.

This is, indeed, a beautiful gift and such a great idea. I have put clear stones in a large vase with mini lights, but never thought of sea glass. I usually have to buy my sea glass in the craft store, but collecting it naturally is better and more meaningful.

I have made these with empty wine bottles and they are cute. Also whiskey bottles for the guys make cool gifts for them .

You must be a great friend, too for her to have made that for you. Very, very pretty!

What is sea glass? Is it smashed glass that has been tumbled by the waves till smooth and washed up on the beech? I've never heard the phrase in the uk

what is sea glass? Is it glass tumbled by the waves and washed up on the shore? I've never heard of this phrase before in the uk

Yes it is glass found in lakes or rivers that over time is smoothed

out by water/waves. This glass is so beautiful in this bowl. I cant wait till spring to walk in the waters edge of Lake Michigan to

look for more. We go in about ankles deep when the the water is very calm its easy to find.. and its so fun. My friend has all colors

pinks blues navy blue. White is most common from the clear glass. Its shame that people littler the waters with glass bottles but they do.

A pile of rounded beach glass.
Crafts Using Beach Glass
Crafts Home Decor DecorationsJanuary 14, 2009
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
Gluing Glass to Glass
Gluing Glass to Glass
Best Christmas Light Shows. House decorated in white Christmas lights
Best Christmas Light Shows
🎄