Cut Your Brillo In Half

Instead of using a whole Brillo pad, I cut one in half. It's great if you only need to clean a couple of pots or pans. Instead of wasting a whole pad.

By Lynda from Kearny, NJ

I understand it also helps to keep your scissors sharp.

This absolutely works the best! No more rusting and it saves money too. Thank you so much for the tip.

I have been doing this for some time. I have a housekeeper sponsored by the state and the previous woman that they sent me, didn't like them at all. I would sit in the living room and hear her mumbling in the kitchen, something to the effect that she had never seen such little soap pads, they were hard to hold on to, etc. I would sit here doing everything I could to keep from laughing out loud.

I do it with the green scrubbies that come in a package one side is sponge and the other side is scrub material. I never thought to cut brillo pads in half. DA I love this place all take care

Better Living Frugal Living TipsMarch 9, 2009
Textured Half Shell Cowl
Making a Textured Half Shell Cowl
steel wool
Preventing Brillo or SOS Pads from Rusting
Triangle Quilt Blocks
Making Half Square Triangle Quilt Blocks