Becoming a Mystery Shopper

Does anyone know anything about the online "Mystery Shopper" and
how it works. I would like to try it, but don't want to sign up first,

do you need a charge card, PayPal, etc?

Thanks in advance if you have any info for me.
Rosa

I also am interested, I looked up alot of secret shoppers online and found that they all require a fee to join. None of which accepted personal checks or money orders. It was credit cards only. I had emailed several sercet shopper ads wanting to know why they did not accept checks or money orders for the joining fees. Not one replied back...Sounds all to fishy to me. A money order is the same as cash.

NEVER pay to become a Mystery Shopper. I have never paid. Some require that you have a paypal account for them to pay you. Some cut checks monthly or bi-monthly and pay that way. All should require your SS#. I have recently moved to another state and have found three that keep me very busy. Mysteryshop.com, sassieshop.com, & feedbackplus.com are the ones I am currently using. Also, if you have a Schlessinger Associates near you to do in-house studies, you can make $75 - $100/study. I did them in my old state but haven't done one here as it is a pain to drive into the city. Hope this helps.

Check out jancyn.com. It isn't very lucrative-- I think the most I've made in one month is $100-- but this site is legit. It was mostly going to convenience stores and finding out if they really do ask for id when you want to purchase alcohol. I got paid $8 per shop for that. I had to make up an excuse not to buy the alcohol after they rung it up and checked my id-- they didn't reimburse for that. I've been reimbursed for eating at a restaurant a couple of times, but didn't earn anything extra besides the free meal.

I forgot-- they pay through paypal 4-6 weeks after the job is complete.

I work for a number of mystery shop companies and never paid them a fee to work. Google mystery shopping or secret shopping and follow up with the companies listed. Most are legit, and many do require you to have a PP acct to be paid. Never pay anyone a fee to find you work. There are many legit companies, but consider each assignment and whether you will actually make any money doing it. As a rule I never take a shop that pays les than $10, and even that isn't enough unless I get to have a meal, a movie or make a purchase at their expense. You have to drive to the shop, shop according to what they tell you to do, drive home and then do a report-so consider what your time and gas is worth.

For insight into the process and recommendations about legitimate companies, see http://www.clickjobsreview.com/mystery-shopper.html

Good luck!

Cheers,

Rose Anne

hey everyone um im a student and i am researching

Mystery Shoppers you know what is a Mystery shopper etc... so if there is any more info leading on this topic i would sure appreciate it thanks and i will be checking this feedback log freguently. again Thank you and it would very much help me.

Email::: pinktoastcrumbs AT yahoo.com

am wondering if anyone has the answer to this question: do the companies pay your gas to get to the jobs you take? some of the jobs may be anywhere from 2 to 90 miles from here and with gas prices, most would not be worth taking, and there are just so many places in my hometown.

Shoppers Confidential is recruiting mystery shoppers across the U.S. and Canada if you're interested. There is no charge to signup or to accept jobs. They also have free Shopper Resources, and a Shopper FAQ's page. Visit <b>www.shoppersconfidential.com</b> for more information.

How do I become a secret shopper?

Check out mspa.org its the Mystery Shoppers Providers Association for legitimate companies. It's the equivalent of the BBB. I dont shop for any companies unless they are listed on their site.

I have been a mystery shopper for the last year. http://www.Mystery-Consumer.com Is the site that I am currently. I find the site is update weekly - Also the site has more that just Mystery shopping, EX surveys, read e-mails, etc.

Budget & Finance Making MoneyNovember 9, 2006
Boxes of fruit at the market.
Saving Money on Fruit
Woman With Vegetables
Becoming a Vegetarian
Stack of chocolate chip cookies.
Saving Money on Cookies
Halloween Murder Mystery Party
Hosting a Halloween Murder Mystery Party
🎄