Browsing: Removing Dye Transfers from Clothing

Removing Dye Transfer on Colored Clothing

I have a black and white sweater that I washed with a red tank top and now the white on my sweater is pink. Please help! How do I get it out?

By Lisa from Lubbock, TX

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

Try washing it by itself with a Shout Color Catcher sheet, which I think is what Beesugarpie is referring to. This is one product that really works. At least it has for me.

There is a product called color out or something to that effect. I can't remember the exact name but it is usually located by the bleaches or color dyes in stores. I know Jo-ann fabrics has it and i have also see it at Walmart and Hyvee grocery. It is supposed to fix the problems you have all described, hope it works, good luck to all!

January 30, 2011 Flag

I have a black and white cow print jacket made out of cotton. I washed it with sweatshirts that I've washed a lot. One was light pink. It faded on the jacket. How do I get the pink out?

By Norma from Stockbridge, GA

Answers:

Try washing the jacket by itself with a Shout Color Catcher Sheet, which is what suescats was referring to, I think. This is one product that really works well. At least it did for me under similar circumstances. (12/31/2010)

By Omanana

December 30, 2010 Flag

I have a red garment which had blue colour run onto it. I need advice as to how to get rid of this blue colour? Regards.

By Maura from Malta

July 17, 2010 Flag

I handwashed a bright multi-colored striped swimsuit with mild liquid soap, and the color from the stripes bled into each other, particularly into the white striping. Can this be removed? I saw where you suggested to use Shout Color Catchers with other items or Brite White, but would this work on a swimsuit?

By Kim from Iron City, GA

Answers:

If all else fails, try machine washing it. I hand washed a red and white striped top and the color bled terribly, but it came out great when I used the washer. Apparently, all the excess red color washed out. Please try all the other hints you get first, though! (06/06/2010)

By straightace

June 6, 2010 Flag

***

***

I hand washed a beige silk-blend sweater that has red and green florets and of course, the red bled onto the sweater. Is Rit Dye Remover good for spot cleaning?

By Kate from Euclid, OH

February 12, 2010 Flag

I tried cleaning a food spot from an expensive cotton sweatshirt, which is dark blue with a wide yellow stripe. The spot was on the yellow stripe, which has a dark blue backing.

September 17, 2009 Flag

I washed colored laundry and had a blue towel in with them. Now all my colored laundry has blue spots on them. My children wear these clothes a lot. How can I get the blue dye out of my colored clothes?

August 16, 2009 Flag

I washed my husband's blue shorts with a new red shirt of his, in cold water. The blue shorts which have been washed once before bled into the red shirt.

June 9, 2009 Flag

I have a blouse that is 100% ramie. The instructions were to machine wash, but I chose to hand wash. In some places the black has run, not all.

June 3, 2009 Flag

How do I take color that bled from fabric sewn onto a towel off the towel, but not take the color out of the material it belongs on?

Picture of a red striped shirt in a washer.
Removing Dye Transfers from Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJanuary 30, 2011
Colorful clothing hanging out of a washing machine.
Removing Stains from Colored Clothing
Man Washing Clothes
Preventing Dye Transfer When Washing Clothes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Red Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye Stains from a Bathtub
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 24, 2016 at 4:15:58 AM on 10.0.2.24 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.