Finding a Muzzle for a St. Bernard

I have a very large St. Bernard dog who will at times be unpleasant. I am looking to find a muzzle to fit him; he is too big for any that I can find in any store.

If you know where I can get one to fit him I would be grateful. He is as I said very big around his mouth, he is 18 inches. His neck is 30+ inches. So if you can help with suggestions, I would be thankful.

By Ronald from Harlow, UK

Why don't you make one? Search for patterns for St Bernard. Lot of pictures there, good luck.

I saw a vet muzzel a dog once by tying a piece of rope around its mouth then behind the ears then around the neck. It probably was just for a short time but you might get a vet to show you. However, since this is such a large dog I think training by a professional might be in order.

I agree: looks like you, or someone who has the ability if you don't, is going to have to custom-make this big fellow a muzzle.

You might want to locate a pattern for a muzzle and simply "supersize" it. Or, if you can, buy a smaller muzzle and use it as a pattern.

Big dogs are great - but you're a really special person if you can handle one!

Help! Any luck on that muzzle? I in your shoes with a growing 140 pound male saint. I really didn't know it was common for saints to be protective. And wow! I feel bad for the person who walks up to us. I cant leave the yard with him and have to lock him up when someone comes over. Any suggestion?

Pets Dogs Training AdviceDecember 23, 2009
Finding an Honest Mechanic, Mechanic Holding up Car Part in Front of Car
Finding an Honest Mechanic
Saint Bernard Breed Information and Photos
A person crocheting a pink baby blanket.
Finding Time to Crochet
Finding a First Job, Newspaper with Jobs as the heading
Finding a First Job
🎉
🎄