Raspberry Yogurt Vegetable Soup

This fast and easy soup is quite tasty! For those of you who love raspberry vinaigrette on your salad or fresh veggies, you'll love this soup! The yogurt is a healthy substitute for sour cream.

• 1 large can of V-8 juice (for broth)
  • 2 bags frozen stir-fry veggies (different types)
  • 1/2 cup frozen corn (optional)
  • 1 can stewed tomatoes
  • 1 can kidney beans (optional)
  • garlic (or garlic powder) to taste
  • onion (or onion powder) to taste
  • bullion cubes or powder (beef or chicken)*
  • seasoning salt (to taste)
  • sugar or honey (to taste - about 2 Tbsp.)
  • 1/2 tsp. Italian Seasoning, crushed (optional)
  • water
  • 8 oz. plain yogurt (substitute sour cream)
  • 1 bag frozen raspberries

*Vegetarians substitute soy sauce for bullion.

Put all ingredients in large stock pan, and add about 3 cups of water. Cook on med-high until veggies are done. Lastly add the bag of frozen raspberries and cook until they are hot. Then add the yogurt and stir.

If your family isn't game for something a bit unusual like this, just make the plain veggie soup for the picky eaters, then in a separate bowl add about a tablespoon of plain yogurt and a tablespoon or so of raspberries to your bowl, then microwave until it's hot again.

For a quick meal later on, I like to scoop the soup into zip-lock baggies using a coffee cup. I then freeze these individual portions by laying the baggies flat and stacking them. Be sure to push all the air out of the zip-locks! Later on, I'll thaw out the soup if I have time or if I'm in a hurry, I'll put baggie with the frozen soup into microwave and cook it for about 1 minute (to partially thaw), then it will be easy to remove the frozen soup from the baggie and squeeze it into a bowl to microwave.

Servings: about 10
Time:10 Minutes Preparation Time
20 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: This is my own special recipe. I love it! My boyfriend, not so much. (He thinks adding yogurt and raspberries to soup is just plain weird!)

By Cyinda from near Seattle

Recipes Using Raspberries
Food and Recipes Recipes SoupsMay 18, 2009
Mug of slighty lumpy Greek yogurt.
Greek Yogurt Recipes
Bowl of plain  yogurt.
Low Fat Yogurt Recipes
Homemade yogurt in jars.
Using an EasiYo Yogurt Maker
Making Yogurt Without Milk
Making Yogurt Without Milk