Easter Ideas for Baby Food Jars

I'm looking for ideas for easter crafts using babyfood jars,

Vanessa from Kenosha, WI.

I just saw a cute chick made from a babyfood jar. The jar was painted yellow. Yellow and orange felt were used to make the feet, wings, face and beak. The jar was filled with fake grass and jellybeans.

I think the grade-school children made them, for the elderly who live in the housing complex near their school.

I would think that this idea would work equally well to make bunnies.

Mrs. Kathy Cohen

Northfield, VT

For those who can't eat chocolate at Easter. Give them a treat, buy a box of epsom salts at the supermarket or hardware store. Get some old ice cream buckets say three. The same with some food colouring, divide the epsom salts into the three containers. Sprinkle the food colouring on to each try red green and yellow, then mix. It will be absorbed quickly, then with a teaspoon fill the jars in colour layers till you get to the top. Cut a circle of brightly coloured fabric tie up with ribbon or string. This is a good present for people to soak tired feet in or in the bath. Happy Easter.

Our family is Italian. So I put grated Parmesan Romano cheese in the glass baby food jars. I close the lid. Then a take a fabric scrap, cut out a circle larger than the lid and glue onto the lid. I tie a little ribbon around the lid and decorate with the little flowers. My Aunts & Uncles loved the little gifts.

Using a pair of nylons, cut 2 circles one smaller then the other. This is the head & body of a cute pig just remember they have to fit inside a baby food jar! Fill each circle with pillow stuffing and gather in the back of circle--sewing doesn't show so no need to be careful. Pull small piece of stuffing & nylon out and wrap your thread (brought from the back of pigs head) around this several times..this is the nose. Put a tight stitch in 2 places on the nose-these are the nostrils.Use 2 seed beads for eyes-pull tight so they sink into the stuffing! Make 2 stitches to form a "V"-these are ears so place correctly on head. Next is the mouth..make 1 tight stitch where mouth will be. Tie all these stitches off in the back of the head.

The back of the pig is the larger piece of nylon. Fill and sew it shut-making a flattened round. Stitch front onto back half.Cut a skinny strip of nylon & roll it in your fingers until it makes a little "snake"..pig's tail. Sew it in the proper place on the back half of pig.

Put dried beans in the bottom of baby food jar, put in pig. Cover lid with print fabric (glue it on), and add this sticker~~"PORK & BEANS" I've sold lots of these at craft fairs. You can make them gallon size also..

Uses for Baby Food Jars, Three Jars Full of Baby Food
Uses for Baby Food Jars
Pickle Jar Candy Jars
Reusing Pickle Jars
Bleach Bottle Bunny Craft
Recycled Easter Craft Ideas
Canape with Egg and Vegetables
Easter Brunch Ideas
🎉
🎄