Use Head Lamp for Hand Sewing

I am adding iridescent ribbon to the ruffles on my daughter's prom dress and was having a difficult time seeing to sew. I found that using a head-lamp, the kind that you strap onto your head for hiking, etc. is wonderful to use when hand-sewing.

You can aim the light right at the fabric and see the stitching so much better than if you drag a big lamp over to wherever you are working. With the adjustable head-lamp, I am just flying through the seven layers of ruffles.

By MooseMom from Elk Grove, CA

What a GREAT idea! I'm going to get mine out of the garage right now & put it in the stand next to my chair-thanks for saving my eyes!

Why didn't I think of this? My husband frequently uses one when doing electronics work or even some home repairs. This will work perfectly for hand quilting, especially up in the northwest where sometimes the sun never shines:) Thanks so much for this great idea.

Another great use for these lamps is, if you're walking at night, it lights your way and leaves your hands free. Plus it makes you more visible to traffic. Being disabled, it takes me longer to cross the street, so I wear mine at night when I go across the street to my friend's house.