Knit an Afghan in 7 Minutes a Day

Most people don't have the time, they think, to knit an afghan but I am making the "Anyone Can Knit an Afghan in 7 Minutes a Day." It's easy and it's fun.

I used knitting worsted weight yarn and a size 9 circular knitting needle. I cast on about 250 stitches and here's the fun part. If you knit only one row per day the afghan is completed in 365 days because that's 365 rows. Almost anyone can knit one row a day.

I knit the first 10 rows or so in seed stitch and kept 10 stitches on each side in seed stitch just to keep the afghan from curling. Of course, you can work more than one row a day and the afghan will be longer or you can stop when it's the size you want. It's a great way to use up odds and ends of left over yarn.

By Yarnlady from PA

Have seen a lot of 'mentions' of an afghan but not sure what it is:-( Anyone got a picture? Is it a scarf or a rug?

Editor's Note: An Afghan is a hand crafted wool blanket or shawl, generally knitted or crocheted. They are often draped on furniture, or used as a personal blanket. Here's one: http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf95015932.tip.html

Hi

Thanks for the info and picture!

That's a cool idea on how to get an afghan done one row at a time...good job! I keep my crocheting with me in the car and while waiting at long stop lights on my way to work I sometimes pick it up and crochet a few stitches. You'd be surprised how much you can get done at a light, and the looks you get from your fellow drivers.

What a great idea. I love to knit but doing it for too long makes my hands hurt. As a cake decorator I did some damage to my hands before I quit. I should have quit sooner but did not realize the damage done until it was a little too late. The damage is minor but it does make it hard to knit for long. I will be knitting again now thanks to this great tip.

I've been working on my sister's afghan since 2004 and I'm still working on it. It is half way done. I hate California king size beds! LOL.

Knitted Afghan
Making a Knitted Afghan
Crafts KnittingApril 14, 2009
A woman shopping.
What is Travel Knit Fabric?
Making a Crochet Scrap Afghan
Making a Crochet Scrap Afghan
Green Valentine's Day Ideas, heart shaped leaf
Being Single on Valentine's Day
closeup of Afghan Hound
Afghan Hound Breed Information and Photos
🎉
🎄