Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Removing Nail Glue from Skin

How do I get nail glue off of my skin?

By Dorothy from Dallas

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Anonymous [848]07/07/2010

Jessii30, are you sure you were using 'acetone' polish remover? I'll venture to bet it was non-acetone instead because acetone would have removed the nail glue in about two or three minutes.

07/06/2010

After spending hours trying to scrape off the glue once dry, and using cotton buds soaked in acetone polish remover I decided to cut a lemon in half and poured salt over one of the halves. I then sqeezed the lemon juice while rubbing it on the areas of the dried glue. It removed most of the glue. :) You may want to repeat this a couple of times as I will be now.

By Anonymous [848]06/29/2010

Acetone nail polish remover. If you have on nail polish and/or sculptured nails when using it just use q-tips to apply and rub the glue off of your skin.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Removing Nail Glue from Hands and Clothing

I spilled some all over my hand and pants. Any ideas for removing it?

Jeanette

RE: Removing Nail Glue from Hands and Clothing

Here's a Caution about Nail Glue from a website that sells it:

Caution: Eye irritant. Contains cyanoacrylate ester. Bonds skin and eyes in seconds. In event of body or eye contact, flush with water for 15 minutes. Get medical attention for eye or internal contact. Use with adequate ventilation. Avoid contact with clothing, as can cause burn. In case of eye contact, do not use acetone or fingernail polish remover.

http://www.folicapro.com/handnail/f8443nailglue.htm

It says to flush for 15 minutes if it's on the skin so I would try that. For the clothing stain, nail polish remover might be your best bet. Nail glue is nasty stuff, it dries very quicly. (09/04/2004)

By ThriftyFun

Here's information from another site...

Eye irritant. Bonds skin and eyes on contact. To separate bonded skin, gently peel apart using acetone as a solvent. Vapors irritate eyes and mucous membranes. Use with adequate ventilation. Avoid intentional inhalation. Prolonged inhalation of vapors may be harmful. If glue gets into eye, do not force eyelid open. Flush with water and seek medical attention. In case of mouth, skin, or internal contact, flush with water and seek immediate medical attention.

Avoid spilling on clothing. May bond clothing to skin and cause excessive heat. Glue will bond to furniture and plastics. Do not use if cuticles and nail area are irritated, red, inflamed, or infected or if you are allergic or sensitive to acrylic. Keep away from children.

http://www.ulta.com/control/product/~category_id=50/~product_id=1391094

There may be information on the bottle in very small print as well. They may also have a website address on the bottle where they may have information for stain removal or an email address where you can send them your question. (09/04/2004)

By ThriftyFun

Years ago, when I used glue-on nails, I purchased a glue remover. Nail polish remover did NOT work. It must say on the bottle that it's for cyanoacrylic glue. It worked great in removing the glue from my nails. I bought it where I bought the glue-on nails. (09/04/2004)

By PoPo

That nail glue stuff comes off your hands after a few days, but I've spilled it on jeans and I've tried everyhting and it wont come out! (09/07/2004)

By Leah

RE:ingredients in nail glue

My puppy chewed a bottle of nail glue. should i take him to the emergency vet? (b)Editor's Note:(/b) Don't fool around with it. Call the vet right away. (04/27/2006)

By kmber

RE: Removing Nail Glue from the eye

I recently mistakenly put nail glue in my eye instead of my eye drops. Sudden and complete panic! Fortunately, I flushed the eye, and it remained open, and after initially flushing it I went to emergency where the doctor removed it, a little at a time. Then sent me home with some eye ointment, and the next three days I was pulling sticky glue out of my eye. The good news is I didn't do any permanent damage to the eye, I was very fortunate. (05/04/2006)

By Dona LaFrance

As a nail technician and having 2 sisters nail glue is no stranger! Straight Acetone has helped me out the best, but as far as your clothes, well you have to just pick at it. (12/31/2006)

By kristen

A nail fiel works for sanding some of the glue off. (01/04/2007)

By Melissa

Removing Nail Glue from Eye

Last year I glued my eye shut with nail glue mistaking it for my eye drops. My right eye was completely glue shut, with my top of my eye lip glued over top of my bottom. I was rushed to the emeregency where they tried to pry it apart with a q-tip. After that didn't work I went to an eye specialist in the hospital who pryed it open and put some special eye drop saline. Instantly my eye opened a bit, with eye lashes scratching my cornea. He plucked a few and i got sent home.

For the next week I was stuck in my basement in the dark. A single glance of an amber on a cigarett in the dark killed my eye. Eventually my eye started to heal itself after anti inflammatories. I then got sick and tired of my rock hard eye lashes being glued together. I grabbed tweezers and tweezes all the bottom eye lashes.. AT ONCE! couldnt do one by one. They were all stuck together. I tried water, nail polish remover, eye make up remover, nothing helped.

So I reccomend if this happens DO NOT CLOSE YOUR EYE. Hold it open and cry like hell, get to the Emergency Room ASAP, the tears tend to open the glue a bit. Actually, I had no damage to my eye except a tiny scratch on my cornea and extreme redness until healed.

Hears my advice... ALWAYS READ LABELS, you never know when it can happen, and trust me, it happens! (02/22/2007)

By Stacey S

Archive: Removing Nail Glue from Skin

How do you get nail glue off of your skin?

Archive: Removing Nail Glue from Skin

I was putting on fake nails and the nail glue spilled all over my hands and legs. What should I do?

Crystal

RE: Removing Nail Glue from Skin

I soaked my hands in hot water and the nail glue turned to a plaster type color and hardened up quick. All it does is turn white but it still sticks a lot. (01/03/2009)

By kiana

Archive: Removing Nail Glue from Skin

How do you remove nail glue from your skin?

By marchingace from nowhere IL

RE: Removing Nail Glue from Skin

Just let it completely dry on your skin and gradually peel off pieces later. The longer it's been on there, the easier it gets. (08/12/2009)

By straightace

RE: Removing Nail Glue from Skin

Acetone nail polish remover. Be sure it's acetone and not non-acetone. It's quick and easy and won't hurt your skin :-) (08/18/2009)

By Deeli

Archive: Removing Nail Glue from Skin

How do I remove nail glue from countertop and hands?

By Sheila from Bel Air, MD

RE: Removing Nail Glue from Skin

Dish soap mixed with nail polish remover should work. At least it worked for me. Hope I helped. (11/03/2009)

By bribri374

RE: Removing Nail Glue from Skin

Nail polish remover for certain, but make sure it's acetone and not non-acetone. (11/04/2009)

By Deeli