Removing Nail Glue from Skin

Category Nail Tips
Removing Nail Glue
If you are putting on fake nails, you may get some of the glue on your skin and it can be difficult to remove. This is a guide about removing nail glue from skin.

How do I get nail glue off of my skin?

By Dorothy from Dallas

Anonymous
Best Answer

Acetone nail polish remover. If you have on nail polish and/or sculptured nails when using it just use q-tips to apply and rub the glue off of your skin.

Anonymous

After spending hours trying to scrape off the glue once dry, and using cotton buds soaked in acetone polish remover I decided to cut a lemon in half and poured salt over one of the halves. I then sqeezed the lemon juice while rubbing it on the areas of the dried glue. It removed most of the glue. :) You may want to repeat this a couple of times as I will be now.

Anonymous

Jessii30, are you sure you were using 'acetone' polish remover? I'll venture to bet it was non-acetone instead because acetone would have removed the nail glue in about two or three minutes.

Anonymous

Acetone actually doesn't always work we found paraffin works it is a petroleum jelly hospital tried olive oil and acetone and it wasn't doing anything

Can I use anything besides nail polish remover?

How do I remove nail glue from my skin?

By Madeline from Philadelphia, PA

Answers:

Removing Nail Glue from Skin

Just let it completely dry on your skin and gradually peel off pieces later. The longer it's been on there, the easier it gets. (12/16/2009)

By straightace

Removing Nail Glue from Skin

I use acetone nail polish remover and that's what manicurists use to remove nail glue. Just be sure to use a Q-tip to apply and to rub the glue off, if you have artificial nails, because it could melt the artificials. If no artificials you can use a cotton ball or a cloth. (12/17/2009)

By Deeli

How do I remove nail glue from countertop and hands?

By Sheila from Bel Air, MD

Answers:

Removing Nail Glue from Skin

Dish soap mixed with nail polish remover should work. At least it worked for me. Hope I helped. (11/03/2009)

By bribri374

Removing Nail Glue from Skin

Nail polish remover for certain, but make sure it's acetone and not non-acetone. (11/04/2009)

By Deeli

How do you remove nail glue from your skin?

By marchingace from nowhere IL

Answers:

Removing Nail Glue from Skin

Just let it completely dry on your skin and gradually peel off pieces later. The longer it's been on there, the easier it gets. (08/12/2009)

By straightace

Removing Nail Glue from Skin

Acetone nail polish remover. Be sure it's acetone and not non-acetone. It's quick and easy and won't hurt your skin :-) (08/18/2009)

By Deeli

I was putting on fake nails and the nail glue spilled all over my hands and legs. What should I do?

Crystal

Answers:

Removing Nail Glue from Skin

I soaked my hands in hot water and the nail glue turned to a plaster type color and hardened up quick. All it does is turn white but it still sticks a lot. (01/03/2009)

By kiana

How do you get nail glue off of your skin?

Jordan from Seattle, WA

Answers:

Removing Nail Glue from Skin

Acetone will remove dang near anything known to man. (03/13/2007)

By eliphaz

Removing Nail Glue from Eye

I mistook nail glue for my eye drops. I put one drop in and immediately started screaming. I flushed with tap water and my own tears. After 1/2 hour my husband took me to the emergency room. The doctor numbed my eye and started to gently peel away the dried glue from my eye. Then I was given an eye flush with saline solution for 45 minutes. I was released from the hospital with an antibiotic eye drop solution that required me to put in two drops in the affected eye every 4 hours and a supply of pain medication. I was seen by an ophthalmologist who made sure all glue residue was removed from the eye and was told that the whole lower half of my cornea was burned. I was instructed to keep using the antibiotic drops until the container was empty and use pain pills only when needed. The second day was much better than the first. There was no pain only a sensation that "something was in my eye" and sunlight sensitivity. The ophthalmologist told me it would take about a week to ten days to heal completely and there should be no permanent eye damage. (07/19/2007)

By Renee G.

Removing Nail Glue from nail

Just soak in HOT water for a long time. It really works! (11/02/2007)

By Natasha

Removing Nail Glue from Skin

I got it on my fingernail, and I had nail varnish on, and the varnish wouldn't come off. So I filled the cap with acetone based nail varnish remover and held it there. Then rubbed at it with tissue. It works. (01/18/2008)

By Amie

Removing Nail Glue from Skin

I was putting on fake nails and I got nail glue ALL over my fingers. I used a Q-Tip with nail polish remover to dry all the glue out, then I used canola oil to soften it. It works, but you may need to do this a couple of times before all the glue goes away! (05/16/2008)

By Emily

Removing Nail Glue from Skin

I was putting on nails earlier, and my fingers got stuck together. So I ran it under some hot water then it came apart. So when I continued to put them on my leg started hurting so I unfolded my leg and it hurt. I realized I had nail glue all down my leg (that's when I really started to panic).

I tried everything. That's when I got the nail filer and some nail polish remover. I started scrubbing and it was coming right off. I would scrub then rub. It was so amazing I thought I would never get it off of my leg. I was so scared. So if you ever get nail glue anywhere on your body, just get nail filer and some nail polish remover or a wet paper towel. (06/18/2008)

By victoria

Removing Nail Glue from Skin

I was putting fake nails on and I had glue on my fingers. So I put Warm Vanilla Sugar lotion on my hands and put it under water that had fizzy stuff in it and it worked. You can also just put on hand lotion and then rinse it off under water scrubbing your fingers. (06/21/2008)

By Rebekah

I spilled some all over my hand and pants. Any ideas for removing it?