Take a Little Time Each Night to Tidy

Like most of us I am besieged by the clutter demon! However I find this does help a little. Every night before I go to bed I tidy up the living room/kitchen area. For example, any read newspapers are picked up and put in the recycle box, coffee cups rinsed and put on the sink, kitchen bench given a final wipe down, anything that is out of place is put away, and so on. It does help to make things a little less daunting looking the next morning!

By Ellie from Melbourne, Australia

I am a quilter and have always used what I call "scraps of time" to do little things. If I only have ten or fifteen minutes, whether it be at night, or before I leave the house in the morning, or if I am waiting for any reason at all, I can still get a lot done. I can get the laundry ready to go for when I get home. I can tidy up as you suggested, I can vaccuum the living room. I can get the kitchen floor ready to clean for when I come home. I can get dinner ready in a casserole dish to pop in the oven later. I don't waste a thing or a minute!

By using all these scraps of time, I actually get to relax and enjoy my weekends.

Great post! I am trying harder to keep things tidy and not let it get so out of control. What I've always been bad about is letting dirty dishes pile up in the sink without emptying the dishwasher. No more. Now every morning the dishwasher is emptied, even if I just set everything out on the counter to put away at my leisure so that the new dirty dishes can start to be loaded. I don't need to run the dishwasher every day so some days I am just adding to it but keeping up with the dishes makes me feel lots better. A house can look better if things are straight...even if there's some dust, it'll not be as noticed if the house is neat.

Cluttered Garage
Organizing Clutter
Organizing Clutter ControlAugust 14, 2008
moonflower closeup
Growing Moonflowers
Getting a Good Night's Sleep
Getting a Good Night's Sleep
Making a Date Night Jar
Making a Date Night Jar
Couple Painting Each Room a Different Color
Painting Each Room a Different Color
🎄
🍂