Organizing Craft Supplies In A Small Space

I got this wonderful wire rack for $.25 for each panel, and $.10 for each connector. Once together, I thought of a way to hang zip lock bags for craft supplies so I can see what is in them. I got a medium binder clip and hung it through the cross wires and it works perfectly! You could do the same for other things like office supplies, pet supplies, or even food. If you have one of these wonderful shelf units, give this a try. I hope this helps keep you organized!

By Poor But Proud from Sweet Home, OR

Great tip. Thanks for sharing.

I really like this idea. Thanks for posting the picture.

I used the pegboard idea back in the 80's. I had a spare bedroom with a large closet with double doors. I lined the two doors with pegboard. I kept supplies on one side and "kits" on the other.

My passions were crochet, knitting, xstitch, embroidery, beading, plastic canvas and chicken scratch. I gathered all the supplies for a project and put them in a zip bag and hung them on the peg as a kit. When I finished a "kit" or was going somewhere I would spend a lot of time just sitting around, I would grab a kit off the door and take it with me. I was able to make Christmas gifts for everyone in the family.

I have been collecting together the pieces for a page in my daughters Life Book, but how to store them? I felt inspired by the book and CD sets in the library that are housed in clear bags then hang on a rod from the built- in hook.

I have been stumped by how to put a hook on my zipper baggies with the page pieces stored in them. I already have a rack like the one you have used. Thanks for bringing my inspiration full circle.

I can also put the already started but not finished page back into the bag and hang it in a second cubby, Returning to these "almost complete" pages first without needing lots of working space to lay the pieces out. Or discovering later that an unfinished page was covered by another project

I use mine in closet to store bulky craft items and use binder clips for hanging "kits" in closet they hold much better when placed on hangers. I also use garment bags to hold material, I had on bolts - like cross-stitch material for large projects, keep patterns in binders. And for small to medium kits, I used Ziploc bags and small tools and patterns and stored them all together in binder 1-3 projects fit nice in one binder.

Craft supplies for scrapbooking, including scissors, punches, paper and other decorations.
Organizing Craft Supplies
Organizing CraftsSeptember 16, 2010
Craft Supplies
Selling Excess Craft Supplies
Vintage Craft Tools
Finding Vintage Craft Tools and Supplies
Small Organized Bedroom
Organizing a Small Bedroom
Small Walled Garden
Gardening in Small Spaces
🎄