Foam Bead Bracelet

When my daughters were school age they were into making their own jewelry. One of the neatest projects they came up with was this bracelet made from the sheets of foam. They took a paper punch and punched out circles from the rainbow colors of the foam. They they strung them and added beads and a closure.

This technique could be adapted to the other cool punches out there, not to mention the variety of beads to choose from now! A great idea for kids and adults! Birthday gifts, birthday parties, Vacation Bible School, Camp Fire/Girl Scouts, organizations, etc!

Source: My creative daughters

By squirrley from West MI

Anonymous

I absolutely love this idea! And hello from a former GR West Michigander ;-)

Yes! I bet you could use other paper punches for different sizes & shapes of beads. Like star shaped punch or better yet, an oval. For a true star, you'd have to string them horizontally through the top of the star which might be fairly difficult.

I'm guessing that maybe you punch them out then use a needle & beading thread (dental floss in a pinch) to go through them? For younger kids, I wonder if you could punch them out with a larger punch, then take a much smaller punch (like 1/8") to re-punch them so no needle is needed.

This is so fun, I just love the idea! And what makes it so extra special is that these days with all the funding being taken away from the schools, teachers are always looking for affordable, fun projects for kids to do. This one fits the bill.

Thank you. This is one of my top 5 favorite craft-idea tips! Thanks for giving us all this wonderful idea. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

WOW, I really love the colors, and a very smart idea. I have a not for profit jewelry company that makes necklaces, bracelets and earrings for women who are less fortunate. I love the idea you presented here and just to say that when I'm out and about and I come across little silver rings someone dropped, or a nearby complex is being built I will find them and make using them in the necklaces. There is a place on the net here that actually shares for free projects on how to make necklaces/earrings. So I use the ideas from them as well. Here is their web address. www.beadingdaily.com

Thanks for sharing the beading website.