Sock Tip For Line Drying

As I remove clothes from the washing machine to hang outside, I put socks together so that I can hang pairs side-by-side. I pin the socks on the clothes line at the toe--not at the opening. When the clothes are dry, I fold the sock cuffs together before unpinning them from the clothes line. This way, the socks are already mated when I fold the clothes to put them away. (I do my husband's socks this way--my socks are just taken down and folded over so that they are together in the basket.) This saves time since I'm not hunting for mates when I fold clothes!

By Glowgirl from Watertown

LOL been doing that for a while. If there is anything I hate doing is pairing socks! My solution? I always buy my husband at least a dozen pairs of identical work socks at a time. That way they all match each other! Problem solved.

Unless I'm wearing them my socks are always pinned together at the toe. I lay one sock on top of the other and pin through all four layers. (Threading one sock after the other on the safety pin allows them to separate enough to tangle with other items in the washer.) They're washed, dried and put away with the safety pins in place. The pin from the clean pair goes into the dirty pair. I haven't had to sort socks in years. They might take slightly longer to dry than if they weren't together, but I'll put up with that as long as I don't have to pair them up! The trick would be to train family members to do this. I'm single so it's no problem for me.

Primary Colored Shirts on Clothesline
Line Drying Clothing Tips and Tricks
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryMay 15, 2007
Drying Clothes Inside
Line Drying Clothes Inside
Sports fans drinking at a sports bar.
How Much Should You Tip at a Sports Bar?
View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line
Installing a Breezecatcher Rotary Clothesline
🎉
🎄