E-Cards For the Holidays

One of the easiest ways to save some money this Christmas is to send E-Cards instead of using the traditional paper and post method. The trick is to achieve this without looking either cheap or uncaring. In order to do this, some care in the selection of the card is essential. There are plenty of excellent free E-Cards available and with very little computer savvy and a little time, it is possible to use these to spread all the peace, joy, and love you like in an amusing or entertaining way.

What is an e-card? An E-Card is simply an electronically generated webpage that has been created with a computer program such Flash. They range from the very basic picture card which you may or may not be able to personalize, to incredibly complex animated confections which allow you to insert your own message and signature.

In order to send and receive E-Cards, both parties must have both an internet connection and an Email address. Just like any other email it is possible to send your E-card to one or many recipients which makes it an excellent solution for sending greetings to work colleagues and acquaintances.

How to find E-Cards. Good places to start looking for your perfect Christmas E-card this year are providers such as ecard system at:

or incredimail at:

both of these providers offer plenty of choice and easy to follow instructions. Another particularly popular provider is Care2 which describes itself as ‘the world largest online community for healthy and green living' as part of their mission is to reduce landfill and paper use they offer a free E-card service which can be found at:

Care2 has some of the most original and interesting free E-cards available and as they have many contributors a very varied range of styles and moods are on offer.

Most E-card providers will require you to register, with the three mentioned in this article this is a simple and quick process. Once registered, you can look at the cards on offer by searching the online galleries. Once you have selected the E- card you would like to use, it is a good idea to follow the step by step instructions and send the first one to yourself as a dry run, as even if you look at a preview it is best to see the E-card as your recipients will.

One word of warning, you do not need to download any software to your computer in order to use E-card services, if a site asks you to download anything at all, do not use it, as they may put unwanted programs such as adware or malware which can compromise your security. However there are plenty of safe sites offering free E-cards so as long as you make this a golden rule you should be fine. E-cards are a cheap and fun way to send your holiday greetings for free.

By Mrs. Christmas from Slovenia, EU

This is a fantastic idea! I prefer ecards because I can read them myself with my screen reading program, rather than ask hubby to read print cards This year the only print cards I gave were at my church. Last year I simply wrote a short note and included links to two Christmas-related songs that had touched me. I plan to do the same this year, although I may keep it to just one link. Last year's note was extremely well-received. I believe, since most of my family and friends are aware of my blindness, they're more open to receiving ecards. The savings is definitely a plus, though.to me.

A woman using a computer.
Sending eCards
Holidays and Parties Gifts E-CardsDecember 17, 2010
Volunteers accepting food donations.
Charitable Giving Ideas for the Holidays
Holiday Tableware
Saving Money on Holiday Tableware
Family Enjoying The Holidays
Enjoying the Holidays
Christmas star poinsettia
Aftercare for Holiday Plants