Picking Up Pins and Needles

Since there has been a lot of talk about pins and how dangerous they can be to a child or a pet, I thought I could share this tip. If you drop a pin and can't locate it, try taking a magnet and skim over the area you think you have dropped it. Hopefully this will help locate the pin.

Source: In the operating room. If the count was off, we'd use a huge magnet to go over the floor with.

By michele052002 from Bangor, PA

Just the other day I was finishing up one of my sewing projects and the whole box of straight pins dumped on the rug. That's the first thing that came to mind was to use a magnet, so I grabbed one off my refrigerator. Within no time I was able to pick them all up.

April 14, 2010 Flag

Have you ever dropped all of your common pins on the floor and had to play pick up sticks? Well, no more, grab a magnet and just wave it over the pins and they come right up. Same thing with thumb tacks, if they are all metal. Just dig out a trusty magnet and they come right up.

By Joyce from Tennessee

Picking Up Pins and Needles

In case you are wondering where you will find a magnet, many scissors are magnetized. (03/30/2010)

By clynnaltemus

January 30, 2007 Flag

Use an old magnetic bingo wand for picking up spilled pins and needles.

Tip: Some pins may not be the type that can be picked up with a magnet. Something to consider when purchasing new pins, so check them before you buy with a magnet!

By Syd

Picking Up Pins and Needles

You could also wrap a wide piece of masking tape
(sticky side on the OUTSIDE), around your hand & pick them up that way.

By FrugalFriend

Picking Up Pins and Needles

The suggestion for the magnetic wand will most likely work better than my suggestion, but this works well for any small item lost in the carpet:

Cover the nozzle of your vacuum cleaner with an old nylon and vacuum the area. Your small item will be sucked into the nylon rather than the inside of your vacuum!

By Claire

A sewing room garbage can by tying a bag to the table leg.
Sewing Tips And Tricks
Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousApril 14, 2010
Pine needle bunches tied with fabric.
Crafts Using Pine Needles
Picking a Christmas Tree
Picking a Christmas Tree
sewing machine
Sewing Vinyl
Storing Sewing Needles
Storing Sewing Needles