I've discovered if I burn food by accident the quickest way to get rid of the odor is to light a few candles and within an hour the smell is gone. It's a lot faster than opening windows or using commercial sprays. If the smell lingers to other rooms, I put a candle in each room and it still works very fast.
I now use candles if I fry fish, liver or any other food that leaves a strong odor after I'm done cooking. I also use the candles after I'm done cleaning, because my husband doesn't like the smell of some of the cleaners I use.
I recently spilled some bleach in the kitchen, and the smell was so strong that I had to go outside for a few minutes. The candles cleared the smell up pretty quickly.
By CaroleeRose from Madison, AL
It also helps to burn a candle when you are chooping strong onions.Not only does it help with the smell, but helps to keep it from burning your eyes too.My mom does this & I didn't believe her until I tried it myself.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!