Homemade Laundry Detergent for HE Washers

Is homemade laundry soap safe for HE washers?

Lisa from Lebanon, IL

Hi Neighbor! ;0)

I do not have an HE washer, but I did find these links. The answers do not seem really "clear" -- but it seems like those who have used it have had no issues. Read your manual for sure, and then decide whether you are willing to take a shot at it.

My repair guy who came once annually to look over my machines, when I lived in Maryland, was always full of useful tips and information for taking care of my appliances. If you have a repair person you trust, they might be the best to ask.

Yes, it's safe for HE washers. I have been using it for years. Homemade laundry detergent is really soap and doesn't suds at all. It keeps the washer and its lines clean--there is no build-up. If your water is extremely hard, you'll have to use more than the recommended amount.

OK I have to ask. What is an 'HE washer'?

Editor's Note: An HE washer stands for "high efficiency washer". They are typically front loading washers that use much less water than conventional washing machines.

HE Washer
Homemade Laundry Soap for an HE Washer
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning Supply Recipes Laundry RecipesSeptember 17, 2007
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
Laundry soap on top of a washer.
Best Laundry Soap for Front Load Washers
Wheelbarrow Flower Decoration
Crafts Using Laundry Detergent Scoops
Windshield Washers Not Spraying
Windshield Washers Not Spraying