Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs

When boiling eggs: after they come to a boil, turn the burner off and put a lid on the pot. Let them sit for around 30 minutes. They will then be done.

Source: From my local electric company many years ago.

By Rosemary from Tipp City, OH

I also make my hard boiled eggs this way but I only let the eggs sit for 10-12 minutes and they are perfectly cooked through.

Oh my, you really don't have to leave the eggs as long as 30 minutes. 10 - 12 is quite sufficient. Another hint is to remove one egg from the pan with a teaspoon & then with your fingers attempt to spin it. If it spins readily & well, it's done. If it flops about at times, it's not done. (This is because the undone yolk inside will roll against the sides of the egg not allowing the egg to spin.)

I had a farmer tell me that the only way to get a boiled egg to easily peel is to use at least 2 week old eggs. He claimed that new eggs will never peel clean no matter how they are cooked. I've experimented with this once already; cooked an egg out of a dozen then waited two weeks and cooked another; and what he said was true for my trial.

I agree about the age of the eggs. If I know ahead of time, I buy the eggs 10 days before I need them. If I need some in a hurry, I found buying them at a convenient store, rather than a grocery store, gives me the easiest peeling hard cooked eggs.

I put my eggs in cold water, let them come to a boil, then take pan off heat, cover pan, and let set for 17 minutes for large eggs, and 18 for X large. Perfect everytime.

Hardboiled Eggs
Cooking Hard Boiled Eggs
Food and Recipes Food Tips EggsMarch 22, 2011
Hard Boiled Eggs
Hard Boiled Eggs Tips and Tricks
Sandwich With Soft Boiled Eggs
Recipes Using Boiled Eggs
Marking Hard Boiled Eggs
Marking Hard Boiled Eggs
Soft Boiled Egg
Making a Soft Boiled Egg
🎉
🎄