Longhorn Steakhouse Style Salmon

Does anyone by chance have a recipe for salmon that tastes like the ones Longhorn Steakhouse uses? I do know that its got bourbon in the marinade. I don't know if the marinade is used as a baste while cooking it or if it sits in it before cooking it.

Kathy from Sharon, SC

Equal parts of:

Brown sugar

Soy sauce

Marinate salmon overnight, turning once.

From: http://www.recipelink.com/mf/14/18336

http://www.copykat.com/ This is a great site for restaurant recipes.

Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon Sweet Bourbon Salmon

Sweet Bourbon Marinade:

1/4 cup pineapple juice

2 Tlb. soysauce

2 Tlb. brown sugar

1 tsp. Kentucky Bourbon

1/4 tsp cracked blk pepper

1/8 tsp garlic powder

1/2 cup veg. oil

2-8oz. salmon fillets

2 tsp snipped chives

1. Combine juice, soysauce, br. sugar, bourbon, pepper and garlic in med. bowl. Stir to dissolve and add the oil

2. Remove skin from fish. Place the fish in a shallow dish and pour the bourbon marinade over them saving a little to brush on the fish as it cooks. (I use a ziplock bag to marinate my fish) ref for at least an hour up to 3.

3. Preheat your grill

4. Cook fish for 5-7 mins per side and regularly brush fish with the marinade.

5. arrange fish and sprinkle with chives.

I buy whole pineapple in a can and use the juice. When I'm grilling the fish I will grill the whole pineapple slices at the same time as a topping for my salmon.

I've also on occasion wrapped my Salmon with Bacon and than grilled.

Go to Publix supermarket seafood dept and ask for bourbon salmon

Hey Everyone, Thank you so much for the recipes on the Longhorn Steakhouse Salmon. I'm sure I'll be trying them out. They will make DH very happy. Thanks again, Kathy

I have been looking for this recipe ever since I ordered the salmon for lunch last week, it was awesome. The kitchen mgr gave me the recipe, but left out the pineapple juice and the quantities of the ingredients. Thank you, can't wait to try it.

The salmon is marinaded in knob creek burbon, brown sugar and soy sauce. Once put on the flattop grill (425 degree) The salmon is brushed with the marinade several times to add flavor. To keep the salmon moist, the skin is left on one side until it is almost done.

I worked for Longhorn for 8 years, and I never heard of the pineapple juice, although it may be. The trick is to marinate overnight, and add bourbon. Also, Jack, not Knob Creek

I currently work at Longhorn as a prep cook. It uses 10 high bourbon and no pineapple juice what so ever. Canola oil, powdered garlic, ground pepper, regular Morton salt, Brown sugar and soy sauce. Made it yesterday. Make sure you shake it or stir it well before using and we marinate our salmon for at least 12 hours before using.

Food and Recipes Recipes Copycat SeafoodFebruary 19, 2008
Smoked Salmon on Toast
Smoked Salmon Recipes
fresh salmon with lemon and herbs
Cooking Salmon
Salmon Casserole
Salmon Casserole Recipes
Outback Steakhouse
Outback Steakhouse Copycat Recipes