Hawk

This was a hawk I saw when I was on Big Sur in CA. I often spent my days off driving around there, it was so beautiful. It is so wonderful to see birds of prey in the wild. I live on the east coast, and you do not see them often.

By Linda R.

June 9, 2011 Flag

This guy is also a frequent visitor. He helps keep the the squirrel population under control, and also goes after the crows. Crows eat the eggs of other birds.

By Leigh from Litchfeild County, CT

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 21, 2010 Flag

I was in my bedroom watching the morning news, when a hawk swooped in and landed in the tree outside my window. I ran to the kitchen to grab my camera, but this was the only shot I could get. When I snapped this photo, it was through 2 layers of glass. It looked terrible! Once I got it into Corel Draw, all I had to do was an automatic adjustment, and it looks much better now.

Taken November 4th, 2010

By Leigh

Wildlife: Hawk

Answers:

Wildlife: Hawk

Wow! Thanks for sharing! (11/18/2010)

By wsurfs

Wildlife: Hawk

I think that's a great picture! Large birds are so amazing to look at, they are so majestic and regal! (11/18/2010)

By SuzyQ82

Wildlife: Hawk

Beautiful picture and lovely of you to show us so we all can enjoy him! (11/18/2010)

By bpaddle

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 17, 2010 Flag

I was lucky to get this shot with my new camera while driving down a country road that I travel frequently. I see these hawks a lot but was never able to get a decent shot. I spotted him, slowed down and made sure no cars were coming, grabbed my camera and took it right through the windshield. He was definitely the largest one I have seen and I made sure not to get too close because they will fly off (I knew from experience). The zoom on my camera is great and I considered this a special day!

By Robbie

Wildlife: Hawk

Answers:

Wildlife: Hawk

I always thought hawks were spectacular, loved to watch them ride the thermals far overhead. (06/24/2010)

By JustPlainJo

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 23, 2010 Flag

Small Hawk

This is the fourth Hawk I've seen this week. Really beautiful animals

By Peggy from Cortland, OH (Texas)

Answers:

Small Hawk

I see them here in Ohio about 12 times a day. maybe you need to get out more :) (03/27/2009)

By boomboomkitty

Small Hawk

Here in central Illinois we are blessed with hawks as well. We live behind an active field so they have plenty to eat. We have a pair of Red Tail Hawks as well as Cooper Hawks. They keep things very interesting and cut down on the "varmits" such as rabbits mice, snakes,etc. (03/27/2009)

By DDJT

Small Hawk

That is a beautiful picture! I have never seen a hawk up close like that. They truly are beautiful birds, aren't they? Thanks for sharing it with us and God bless you. (03/28/2009)

By tedsmom

Small Hawk

Great photo! Thanks for sharing it.

(03/29/2009)

By Grandma Jan and Kato the Wonder Dog

Small Hawk

BBkitty was not a nice kitty! Thank you for sharing photo and identifying it, as the only birds I can spot are seagulls or a red cardinal or blue bird. Living in MO, I see many birds and sometimes I wonder what they are. Your photo is nice. I hope you post more!
=^..^= (03/29/2009)

By meoowmom

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 23, 2010 Flag

Dazed Hawk

A hawk crashed into our sliding glass door and was dazed. After getting up, it just stood there and looked at me. After half an hour, happily, it flew away with no apparent injury.

By Coachsmum from Salem, CT

Answers:

Dazed Hawk

Oh wow!!! Poor thing. What an incredible experience. I'm so glad that the hawk was able to fly away. Thanx for sharing the photos. (02/27/2008)

By Luvyabye

Dazed Hawk

I know of someone who bought a house and was painting and getting ready to move in. The neighbors contacted them (at their present home) and said a hawk had flown through the front window and broke the glass. They called police and had to remove it from the house very carefully with a huge net. They also wore the heavy leather gloves that bird handlers wear. (02/27/2008)

By LITTLE SUZY

Dazed Hawk

Same thing happened to us but it was an owl and it was at least two and a half feet tall, his head was the size of a dinner plate. He was after a baby kitten that we had on our deck, luckily when he banged into the patio door he dropped the kitten. The kitten had a broken leg, but we patched him up and he is as good as new. I ended up building a large cage with chicken wire and covered him up a night. Very scary! (02/27/2008)

By PICO

Dazed Hawk

You can buy vinyl decals to put on glass windows or sliding doors to keep birds from flying into them and hurting themselves. They see the reflection of the great outdoors in them and don't even realize the glass is there! Please try this for the sake of the birds. (02/28/2008)

By katklaw777

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 23, 2010 Flag

This beautiful little baby hawk was sitting up against my house. I found him when I was bringing in sheets off of the clothesline.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
grosbeaks in the snow eating
Wild Bird Photos
Photos WildlifeDecember 21, 2010
Squirrel eating a flower.
Protecting Bulbs from Wildlife
A chaffinch sitting on a rock by a garden pond.
Keeping Ponds Safe for Fish and Wildlife
Cardinal in a tree.
Cardinal Information and Photos
Pond Fish
Protecting Pond Fish From Wildlife
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 11:00:09 AM on 10.0.1.155 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.