Saving Money On Magazine Subscriptions

It is that time of the year, and all my subscriptions are either due or will be due. Here is a suggestion that has helped me hopefully keep my bills down. I still love looking at magazines. I just cannot afford them any longer, until now. I now have four subscriptions to popular magazines and I did it on a budget. I just pay my subscription on a monthly basis. Now some companies will not let you do that, but I have found several that will send out the subscription while I am still paying the subscription off. I just check the box and ask the company to bill me.

Now for the ones that want their money up front, here is what I do. I send in the entire amount. Once the subscription is paid, I calculate what the subscription would have cost me monthly, and put that amount into a folder each month. When the subscription is due, I have the full amount without too much of a headache or strain.

You can also check into whether subscribing online with get you a better discount. I also sign up for their Facebook and Twitter pages to get more of a discount.

By jetruth from Waterloo, IA

You can read most magazines online for free.

I am able to purchase some of my favorite mags via Tanga.com using a coupon code. For example, I was able to purchase a one year subscription for Rachel Ray for $3.99 once the code was applied. There are other mags that I would like but I go to the library to read those.

I have subscribed to the digital verisions through zinio.com. It is much cheaper than hard copies, enviromentally friendly and I do not need to keep all those piles of magazines. Moreover, I get new issues much ahead of time than hard copies appear at the newstands.

Of course, it applies to the most popular titles, which are digital now.

I have always loved looking at magazines. Subscribing is nice and having them come to the house; however in these times of trying to cut back on clutter or just be "green" I do not subscribe to any magazines any longer. I look at them for free at the library! I take my daughter to activities there and while I wait for her, I just find a comfy spot to sit and enjoy looking at a large variety of magazines. Not only am I saving money but I'm not storing anything extra in my own house. I am in our library atleast once a week if not more so I truly get my "magazine fix"!

Another site for cheap subs is www.magazines.com.

If you are signed up they will e-mail you a $5 off or other incentive to purchase a mag.

Reading magazines on line just isn't the same as the real thing. I've tried the library but know that I don't see all the issues.

I share subscriptions with other people. My sister got Redbook and I got Good Housekeeping. When we are done reading, we pass it on to the other person. It helps force me to read knowing I have to pass it on to someone else. No more big piles of magazines waiting for me to read!

If there is an article or recipe I want to keep, I either copy it or I go online to the magazine's web site and print it from there.

I agree that reading magazines online is not the same as having it in my hands. I subscribe to magazines and get subscriptions for friends at bestdealsmagazines.com They are inexpensive and after you sign up, they frequently have discounts. I have used them for several years and have found them to be totally reliable. Note: AOL doesn't like that site for some reason, so I sign in at my Hotmail account.

There also is a website called www.magazines.com

that often send $$ off coupons.