Saving Money On Magazine Subscriptions

It is that time of the year, and all my subscriptions are either due or will be due. Here is a suggestion that has helped me hopefully keep my bills down. I still love looking at magazines. I just cannot afford them any longer, until now. I now have four subscriptions to popular magazines and I did it on a budget. I just pay my subscription on a monthly basis. Now some companies will not let you do that, but I have found several that will send out the subscription while I am still paying the subscription off. I just check the box and ask the company to bill me.

Now for the ones that want their money up front, here is what I do. I send in the entire amount. Once the subscription is paid, I calculate what the subscription would have cost me monthly, and put that amount into a folder each month. When the subscription is due, I have the full amount without too much of a headache or strain.

You can also check into whether subscribing online with get you a better discount. I also sign up for their Facebook and Twitter pages to get more of a discount.

By jetruth from Waterloo, IA

You can read most magazines online for free.

I am able to purchase some of my favorite mags via Tanga.com using a coupon code. For example, I was able to purchase a one year subscription for Rachel Ray for $3.99 once the code was applied. There are other mags that I would like but I go to the library to read those.

I have subscribed to the digital verisions through zinio.com. It is much cheaper than hard copies, enviromentally friendly and I do not need to keep all those piles of magazines. Moreover, I get new issues much ahead of time than hard copies appear at the newstands.

Of course, it applies to the most popular titles, which are digital now.

I have always loved looking at magazines. Subscribing is nice and having them come to the house; however in these times of trying to cut back on clutter or just be "green" I do not subscribe to any magazines any longer. I look at them for free at the library! I take my daughter to activities there and while I wait for her, I just find a comfy spot to sit and enjoy looking at a large variety of magazines. Not only am I saving money but I'm not storing anything extra in my own house. I am in our library atleast once a week if not more so I truly get my "magazine fix"!

Another site for cheap subs is www.magazines.com.

If you are signed up they will e-mail you a $5 off or other incentive to purchase a mag.

Reading magazines on line just isn't the same as the real thing. I've tried the library but know that I don't see all the issues.

I share subscriptions with other people. My sister got Redbook and I got Good Housekeeping. When we are done reading, we pass it on to the other person. It helps force me to read knowing I have to pass it on to someone else. No more big piles of magazines waiting for me to read!

If there is an article or recipe I want to keep, I either copy it or I go online to the magazine's web site and print it from there.

I agree that reading magazines online is not the same as having it in my hands. I subscribe to magazines and get subscriptions for friends at bestdealsmagazines.com They are inexpensive and after you sign up, they frequently have discounts. I have used them for several years and have found them to be totally reliable. Note: AOL doesn't like that site for some reason, so I sign in at my Hotmail account.

There also is a website called www.magazines.com

that often send $$ off coupons.

Stack of Magazines
Saving Money on Magazines
Better Living Frugal Living TipsJanuary 7, 2011
Magazine Holders
Alternative Uses for Magazine Holders
Recycled Magazine Wall Art
Recycled Magazine Wall Art
Uses for a Magazine Rack
Uses for a Magazine Rack
Magazines
Making a Magazine Purse
🎄