General AdviceConsumer Advice

Other Uses for Awesome Cleaner from Dollar General

Can I clean my couch with Awesome cleaner?

By Sandy from Dubuque, IA

Sandy. Awesome is just that. It's awesome! I have used it for years and it has become my single most used cleaner. I don't doubt that it will clean just about everything, including your couch, but just to be on the safe side, find a test spot and do that first. Somewhere on the couch that can't be seen. That way you will see if it does. Hope this helps.

I just love this cleaner. I beats anything I have found on the market. I have used it on my couch . Spray on 50/50 with water and use an upholsery shampooer. Worked great. I even use it to clean my carpet. I spray it on full strength then use my own carpet shampooer. Works wonders.

What can you do with Awesome cleaner from the Dollar General besides what's on the label?

By Holly from Lancaster, WI

Answers:

I use it as a laundry stain treatment. Spray it on stains before washing the garment. It works fairly well on grease stains, but rub it in well first. (06/11/2010)

By OliveOyl

Totally Awesome will turn you old white sneakers new again. Use full strength and I use an old toothbrush on the rubber and seams. It will remove oxidation from your patio furniture. It will remove oil and grease stains from your driveway. It cleans grease off stainless steel back splash with ease.

It will take grease out of clothes if you spray it till it's wet, let it sit for a few minutes and then wash in hot soapy water. It even cleans the grates on the BBQ.
This stuff is truly totally awesome! (06/15/2010)

By Deb

I agree; it makes great stain remover, I spray it on full strength. I have also used it to remove wallpaper. I did dilute it first, and was careful around any varnished wood, as if left on too long could eat the varnish. (06/15/2010)

By Zuster56

I always buy Awesome, it's the very best. My son uses it on his truck tires to whiten letters. You will see that yellow just run, you will never buy whitewall cleaner again. Me, I take the chrome drip pans from my stove, put them in a dish pan with hot water and about 1 cup of Awesome and let soak overnight (or longer if really bad) take them out, wash them in same water, really easy this way. (06/15/2010)

By bdon1

I have used Awesome and Mean Green on my sneakers and after a while the seams came apart and the shoes went to the trash can. If you use these on your shoes, be sure to not put it on the seams. I promise you, in the long run you'll regret it just as I did. (06/15/2010)

By Shelyn

I mix about a cup in the water when I shampoo my carpets. It is great for stains! (06/16/2010)

By Danialle

I spray it on my hands after working on the car and the greasejust wipes off