Rug Edge Turns Up

I have a throw rug made of heavy carpeting and one of the edges turns up. I do not want to trip on it and fall. I have tried using tape and just about everything else short of bringing in an elephant to sit on it. Any ideas?

By Joanne from Fond du Lac, WI

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

If it's possible, flip the rug over for awhile. I have tried this at times and it usually works. I had rug that I couldn't fix. I realized it was a defect. The binding around the edge was not sewn on properly and caused it to curl up. I had to return the rug since there was no way to use it since it kept sticking up.

You can also try moistening it with warm water, and weighing it down with a brick or iron placed on top of a folded up towel, at least overnite.

Consumer Advice General AdviceMarch 31, 2009
ornamental rug
Removing Rug Dye from Carpet
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Removing Rust Stains from a Bathtub
Iron Framed Bed
Fixing a Squeaky Bed
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 11:04:49 AM on 10.0.1.155 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.