General AdviceConsumer Advice

Rug Edge Turns Up

I have a throw rug made of heavy carpeting and one of the edges turns up. I do not want to trip on it and fall. I have tried using tape and just about everything else short of bringing in an elephant to sit on it. Any ideas?

By Joanne from Fond du Lac, WI

If it's possible, flip the rug over for awhile. I have tried this at times and it usually works. I had rug that I couldn't fix. I realized it was a defect. The binding around the edge was not sewn on properly and caused it to curl up. I had to return the rug since there was no way to use it since it kept sticking up.

You can also try moistening it with warm water, and weighing it down with a brick or iron placed on top of a folded up towel, at least overnite.