Car Air Freshener Recipe

I am looking for a recipe to make car airfresheners, they look like a gel, but they are hard but flexable. It is shaped like a foot and hangs on a string. If any one has a recipe for these I would really love to have one.

Linda from Danville

Showing: Answers Sort

By Elizabeth 1 34 Flag

I found this on another website. Haven't tried it, but it seems like you could use cookie cutters to make the shapes you want. I don't know how the gelatin will hold up in a car. White glue is also flexible when it dries. I'm not sure how you could make that work, but maybe it will get your creative juices flowing.

LizCar

The "Smelly Jelly" Answer

I have a recipe that my daughter gave me. They are inexpensive and fun to make. The name on the recipe was called Gel Air Freshener, but we changed the name to "Smelly Jelly."

Smelly Jelly

2 cups Concentrated Potpourri Liquid

4 envelops Knox gelatin

1 tablespoon salt (to deter molding)

Heat 1 cup potpourri until almost boiling. Remove from heat. Add 4 envelopes Knox Gelatin and 1 tablespoon salt. Stir until dissolved. Add remaining 1 cup potpourri. Pour into clean jars and allow to set. If in a hurry, lightly cover and refrigerate them to speed the process.

I add food coloring if I don't like the color. This can be put in a vase, and as it starts to set, place artificial flowers in the vase. The flowers seem to be real because they have a smell.

M.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

What kind of molds do you use if you want to hang them in the car?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By jodi 3 Flag

you can buy the beads at www.candlesandsupplies.com or www.bittercreek.com

just add scent and color an lay out on a cookie sheet use a lollipop stick to make the hole an voila .. all done depending on the size of the cookie sheet and cutter you can make up to 25 in 10 minutes

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Anchalee Sainui 1 Flag

Does the Smelly Jelly will make the cooler of the car air condition look like in the picture attached?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

What tpye of paper do they use for Car Air Fresheners that you hang on your rear-view mirror, and where can I buy it?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

flip flop air freshener
Making Car Air Fresheners
Consumer Advice Cars Cleaning InteriorMay 12, 2005
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Perfume as Air Freshener
Using Perfume as Air Freshener
Getting Rid of the Smell from a Plugin Air Freshener
flip flop air freshener
Making Car Air Fresheners
Air Ionizer and Purifier for Allergies
Improving Indoor Air Quality
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 12:16:11 AM on 10.0.0.254 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings