Drying Sheets

I need a workable suggestion on how to prevent large items (sheets, duvets) placed in the dryer, from rolling themselves into balls which causes them to not dry properly.

Point from Olympic Pennisula

To prevent your sheets from rolling up into a ball when drying them in the dryer, add a clean tennis ball. It makes a lot of noise, however, it works especially king size sheets.

By Ann Foster

Great idea. You can also use clean tennis shoes.

Not only can you use these in sheets, but I use them also when drying something quilted like a comforter or winter coat. Helps keep the quilting from bunching up.

Hi, on my duvets and comforters, i will fold them long ways and place in the dryer , then every 20 minutes or so, unfold, so that when you fold again, the inside parts are now on the outside. This keeps them from being so wrinkled also. And if you need to, you can put in pillows to help keep it fluffed and not wad into a ball. And the balls too like they said!

Sometimes I'll wash a pr of tennis shoes so I have clean ones to then throw in the dryer. Or use 2-3 tennis balls. I even wash and dry my down comforter like this!

I use a tennis ball in the dryer and that really helps. I put it under the blanket and it bounces the blankets or sheets dry in 1/2 the time with no balling up.

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryFebruary 5, 2006
Dried orange slices, bundle of cinnamon sticks, and cloves.
Drying Oranges
Fitted Sheet
Making Fitted Sheets
A pile of dried apple slices.
Drying Apples
Cookie sheet
Uses for Old Cookie Sheets
🎉
🎄