Replacing Turkey with Chicken in Recipes

Many recipes for chicken work just as well with holiday turkey leftovers. I used a chicken curry recipe for dinner and substituted turkey. The flavor is better if the pieces of turkey are stir fried just enough to brown them.

By Lynn

I also do this all of the time and actually prefer the flavor of turkey - much tastier. When turkeys are on sale, I will stock up on 8-10, keep in the freezer, and cook as needed. I often poach a whole turkey in my stockpot for the meat, and a great bonus is the stock for soup.

what about in recipes that call for chicken boneless breast? Does turkey work also?

I use ground turkey when I make chili and sloppy joes and things like stuffed shells etc.... I find it makes the dishes lighter and in most cases you can't even tell the difference.

Yes, I agree that turkey and chicken can be interchangeable. I do it myself. I make this one recipe using leftover turkey that is so good. I don't recall if I've posted before I should post it soon as people will want to know what to do with all that leftover turkey besides eating sandwiches for days!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

I've done this for years. My husband doesn't like turkey, while I do. But I don't prepare it just for me, so instead, I'll substitute chicken.

Food and Recipes Food Tips LeftoversJanuary 8, 2005
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
A cooked turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in a Slow Cooker (Crockpot)
Carving a Turkey
Using Your Turkey Bones for Soup