Budget DecoratingDecorating

Decorating a Room With Rose Carpeting

I am moving into a new room in my father's home and having trouble deciding on what to do with it. It is one bedroom and has a rose carpet but in the corner of the room it has a little kitchen area. The room has waist high walls, then the ceiling slants to a point at the top.

The problem that I am having is that I have this pink rug which makes me feel 12 (I have just turned 20) and a great new bed set that i have just purchased which is a tan suede. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to make it a fun twenty something room on a small budget. I am up for any suggestions.

Thanks,
Nicole

Pink and tan pillows on the bed?

How about if you go for the sophisticated look and have black accessories with a few splashes of pink.

Why don't you go with hot colors - fuscia pink, bright green, bright blue - mix them up with pillows, throws, pictures on the walls. Make it YOUR room and the pink carpet won't bother you any longer.

I'd do the earthy tones if you want a more grown up look and you can find alot of inexpensive area rugs to choose from then use burgundy or wine for accents colors for curtains, pillows etc. to help blend in the pink carpet that is still exposed........Watch alot of HGTV......they have fabulous ideas on many shows.....

A friend of mine has rose carpeting in her living room and her pillows and accessories are the pretty Pine green. Go victorian with those colors.That is if your significant other doesn't mind.

A friend of our family has her living room done in shades of rose pink and lime green. It's pretty. I'd never thought of those colors together before.

Nicole,

Can you describe your room for me please like what other colors are there in the room? what dimensions? How big is it? What color drapes? I have ton of questions to ask you before we make it look beautiful.

You can reach me at TexturesRugCo@aol.com and we will take it from there.

Also check out our website: http://www.texturesrug.com

I will look foward to make your room beautiful and the way you want it to be.

Take Care,

Rehan

This is happening to me in the house we are buying. The carpet appears new, or I would tear it out. I'm thinking a light brown (not beige) couch with pillows that have a touch of rose to pull it together. Maybe a few rose accents (vases and a picture). Then everything else will be brown/neutral tones.