Cleaning a Coach Purse

I have a Coach handbag. The white leather handles have turned a little grey. How can I clean this?

By Linda from Palm Springs, CA

I purchased a white satin/leather/suede/rabbit trimmed fur coach handbag on ebay. When received, it had a funky smell. It was a $40 investment, so I thought, what the heck, I'm doing it...and I put it into the washer! I washed on gentle cycle, in cold water, and put a few white towels in with it as a buffer. I used liquid detergent and put in a bit of liquid fabric softener right into the water with the detergent. I came out sparkling white and smelled great! The leather strap is perfect and the satin is white, white, white. I blew dried the rabbit fur, and hung it to air dry. Never put into the dryer. I also removed the coach hang tag before washing, just in case it came loose and got lost in the washer! :)

Wow, I am so close to sticking my coach bag in the washer! Your purse looks great!

Cleaning a Coach Purse
Cleaning a Coach Purse
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceApril 18, 2011
Placemat Purse
Making a Placemat Purse
Coach Purse
Stain Proofing a Coach Purse
Removing Ink Stains from your Coach Purse
Cleaning Ink Stains from a Coach Purse
A handbag with makeup inside.
Cleaning Makeup Stains from Inside a Coach Purse
🎄