Tutti Frutti Recipe

I'm looking for a recipe for what my Grandmother called Tutti Frutti. It is a fruit preserve concoction that had oranges, pears, and other fruits. Thanks in advance.

By terryfnp from LaFayette, NY

Use a two gallon stone crock. Peaches, peeled plums, strawberries, raspberries, pineapple, and cherries may be used as they come into season. Start this March by placing one cup of brandy or rum (I prefer rum) in the crock, with one cup prepared fruit. Thereafter, add one cup sugar with every cup of fruit.

Stir every day. In the fall, cover a heavy pan lid wrapped in plastic and place it in the crock, on top of the fruit to weigh down the fruit under the liquid. Seal the crock with more plastic wrap and leave it until December. If desired, a whole banana may be added before sealing. I feel this mellows the slightly alcoholic intriguing flavor the fermented dessert acquires.

Serve Tutti Frutti over ice cream. When fruit is gone, the sauce may be used to baste ham, or as a pancake syrup.

You can eat the fruit out of the crock and just keep adding more, if you wish to.

Food and Recipes Recipes FruitSeptember 5, 2009
Ingredient Substitutions
Common Ingredient Substitutions
Recipe Cards
Using Recipe Cards
preparing a recipe
Converting the Size of a Recipe
Welbilt Bread Maker
Finding Welbilt Bread Maker Recipe Books