Surprise 16th Birthday Party

By megan 1

I want to throw my boyfriend a surprise 16th birthday party. I'm pretty sure I going to throw it at a local park. It's in September though, so my options are limited and I have a budget of $300 or less preferably. I don't have any idea what kind of entertainment to have. I don't want it to be lame or childish. Please help.

By Megan from IN

By mike 1 Flag

Our daughter's BD is in December which usually means parties indoors. For her 16th she selected the movie Grease as the theme. All the girls dressed the part and most of the boys (prediction: boys with higher GPAs more likely to dress the part).

A "drive in" was constructed in a room. Two cars that allowed for 5 kids to sit in were built using cardboard found behind furniture stores and a frame at the base to hold it together. The wood (1x6) was cheap. Including paint we (meaning me) spent $30. All the kids had to bring a blanket (encourage pillows)to sit or lie on.

My wife borrowed a digital projector from work. I plugged in the DVD player using the projector's dinky speakers (kids didn't care). Mostly it was a sing-along. White bed sheet acted as the movie screen.

Heads-up: keep an eye on the boys. When they doze off it's time to cut the cake. Forget the rest of the movie.

Fun activity (including the boys)... making beaded bracelets... no kidding. Root beer floats were a hit. Popcorn. Munchies. I do not recommend spending money on dinner if you start the party after 6:30.

Total cost: less than $50. Memories: priceless!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Surprise 16th Birthday Party
Surprise 16th Birthday Party Ideas
Previous
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayFebruary 10, 2010
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Surprise 16th Birthday Party
Surprise 16th Birthday Party Ideas
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party Ideas
Planning a Surprise Party. People at a surprise party.
Planning a Surprise Party
Party Balloons
Surprise 50th Birthday Party Ideas
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 4:40:02 PM on 10.0.1.40 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings