Wildlife: Spider and Web

I was leaving my apartment to go to the market and the sun was hitting this spider web just right to be able to notice it outside of my neighbors apartment. I just had to go back inside and fetch my camera!

It took a couple dozen shots because of the way the sun was shining and some obstacles in the way so I am really, really pleased to have been able to capture these two that turned out of Mr. or Ms. Spider waiting for dinner ;-)

By Deeli

Cool shot you got there. Takes a lot to get a clear shot of a spider web.

Thanks for sharing (I don't care for spiders except when they have woven such a beautiful web.)

GEM

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

One of Mother Nature's wonders! Thanks for sharing.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Thanks for your comments Maryeileen and Gem! I am sad to report that building maintenance took this creatures web down the day before yesterday. Even though I don't like spiders at all they give us a great service by helping to keep the mosquito and assorted fly population down and as long as they stay away from me I am happy! LOL!

Gem, you're so right about how difficult it is to capture a photo of a web! Here's one I took on my back patio a couple of days ago where this spider has made a home on one of the potted geraniums. No matter how many attempts at different times of the day I just can't capture it's web which is sad because this particular small web is absolutely perfect. Anyway, this guy seems suspended in mid air because I can't capture the web. :-)

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Sorry to hear about your other spider and you have a really cool pic here. Sorry you can't get the total effect of the web. When the moist air hits it sometimes it is so much easier to get a pic.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Hugs,

Gem

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Normally I'd say eww, lol! But I'm with you, Deeli. As long as they keep their distance from me, I can appreciate when spiders reduce the surplus insect population. I'd have fewer mosquito bites.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Spider on a black eyed Susan.
Spider Photos
Home and Garden Gardening Insects SpidersAugust 19, 2010
Spider Veins
Spider Vein Remedies
Spider on web with dew drops on it.
Spider Repellent Recipes
Spider Web Layered Taco Dip
Spider Web Layered Taco Dip Recipes
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Black Widow Spider Costume
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 11:18:50 PM on 10.0.0.241 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.