Remedies for Stretch Marks

I have stretch marks on my calves and lower legs. I would love to find a way to remove them so that I could wear dresses again. Maybe a cream or something I can do at home. Any suggestions?

By Latoya from GA

Best Answer

Stretch marks are scars. You can not make them disappear in thin air. Laser treatment is the way to go.

Belly Butter from Great Mothers Goods. Why not just wear pantyhose or stockings?

Have you tried Vitamin e oil? My neighbor used it after she lost her weight. It worked for her just an idea.

There are also some really good body makeups out there if you don't want to wear stockings or pantyhose. Those stretch marks will fade/blend over time so please don't think they'll be as noticeable as they seem to be now forever no matter what the shade of your skin. I was prone to stretch marks when I was young and also keloid scar so that's why I say they will diminish over time :-) Moisturizing definitely helps speed up the 'healing' process though :-)

I think it would be hard to get rid of stretch marks without going to a dermatologist. You could try the different creams over the counter. However, I heard that self tanner is the way to go to cover stretch marks.

April 10, 2010 Flag

I couple of years ago I was over weight. Out of the blue it all fell right off. I haven't gained it back due to diet and exercise. But I still have horrible stretch marks on the upper portion of my legs. Its nothing really bad, but is embarrassing to wear bathing suits and shorts. Is there a way I can get rid or reduce them? Thanks.

Aliesha from FL

Answers:

Remedies for Stretch Marks

If it helps, they do fade on their own over time. If you didn't start to treat them right away, I think you will have a hard time getting rid of them. (07/04/2008)

By mulberry204

Remedies for Stretch Marks

Stretch marks are scars. You can not make them disappear into thin air. Laser treatment is the way to go. (10/15/2008)

By boomboomkitty

June 26, 2008 Flag

Does anyone have a home remedy for removing stretch marks?

Stacey from Louisville, KY

Answers:

Remedies for Stretch Marks

I have heard that cocoa butter bought at the drug store will work. Give it a try. Hope it works for you. (04/02/2007)

By Rasta

Remedies for Stretch Marks

I second the cocoa butter remedy. The best is the stick kind that is 100% cocoa butter. Queen Helene makes a cheap bar that works wonders. Also great for scarring when followed by the oil from a vitamin E cap. (04/07/2007)

By Kat63

Remedies for Stretch Marks

Two words. SHEA BUTTER. There are MANY other uses for this awesome stuff, but it has done wonders for my stretch marks. DO NOT buy the junk in big chain stores like wal-mart or the grocery store or you will be wasting your cash, just like when you buy most everything else in these places. Make sure that wherever you get it, you READ THE LABEL and do not buy it unless it is PURE 100% shea butter and NOT hydrogenated or any other destroying process of the vitamins, minerals, and other infinitely beneficial constituents. I have heard nothing but great things from all the moms in my family or that I meet after trying this once I had suggested it.

Other PERFECT uses are acne and getting rid of lines and wrinkles on your face, which are first hand experiences of myself and my mom. (04/11/2007)

By tabikat

Remedies for Stretch Marks

Try using Olive oil.Use it all the time after leaving the shower,for faster results, use cod liver oil you could often get them for a cheap price,I've had 2 children and I had plenty of stretch marks this reduced it because of the Vitamin E inside it. (05/05/2007)

By Kay-leigh

A pregnant woman rubbing cream in her belly to prevent stretch marks.
Remedies for Stretch Marks
Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care Stretch MarksApril 10, 2010
A burn mark from a clothes iron.
Removing Iron Burn Marks on Clothing
White Walls
Removing Scuff Marks on Walls
Preventing Stretch Marks
new shoes
Homemade Liquid Shoe Stretch
🎉
🎄