Storing Capsicums in Oil

How do I freeze capsicums without them going soggy after defrosting? I just bought capsicums in bulk. I bought carrots in oil and they were crisp. Will this work for my capsicums if I put them in oil. What is the most frugal way to keep them?

By MelanieRocky from Warners Bay, NSW

Answers

How do you freeze the peppers? I had good results if I deseeded and then cut them up (sliced or diced, depending on what I needed), froze them solid in one layer on a cookie sheet, then placed them in a baggie.

They won't keep too well in oil since they have too much water in them. It would be best to grill them first, remove the skin and seeds and then store them in oil, if you would like to try that.

Hope that helps!

Freezing Bell Peppers, Canning Bell Peppers, Peeling Bell Peppers, Drying Bell Peppers, Storing Bell Peppers, Growing Bell Peppers, Selecting Good Bell Peppers, Red, Green and Yellow Bell Peppers
Storing Bell Peppers
Food and Recipes StorageApril 20, 2009
Storing Olive Oil
Storing Olive Oil
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
Up close photo of a dirty driveway.
Removing Oil Spills from Your Driveway
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 14, 2017 at 11:10:50 PM on 10.0.1.229 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.