Ask Questions When Inviting Friends for a Meal

When inviting friends over for meal, be sure to ask for any specifications to their diets, so you can be sure to have food items they can eat. They might be diabetic or maybe very picky eaters. Several years ago, I'd invited some pals over for lunch. I'd not asked about their diets. I served baked chicken, 2 veggies, and dessert.

Although the wife, loved my meal, the husband informed me that he didn't like chicken (he's the first person ever that I'd heard of not liking chicken) and he didn't like one of the veggies. So he had one veggie, dessert, and a beverage. For my mistake, they left soon after the meal, so he could go "get him something to eat."

By Terri from NV

Yikes, I wouldn't complain about the food if I were an invited guest!! Well...unless it were family and then I would say that I didn't like something. It is a great idea to ask ahead of time, I was a picky eater as a child and would always be so worried that I would eat at a friend's house and get served something that I absolutely couldn't eat. Don't have that problem now.

You know, I don't like chicken much either; but I wouldn't dream of complaining about it when someone nice like you are went to the trouble to cook for me! You sound like a really nice person so I'm sorry that that person was rude enough to complain about your lovely meal!

I am truly sorry for that happening to you. We taught our children from a very young age that you eat what is put in front of you and you need to be thankful. That grown man ought to be ashamed of himself! How awful!!!

I MADE THE MISTAKE OF ASKING WHAT MY GUESTS WOULDNT EAT. ONE OF THE PEOPLE WOULD REALLY EAT ANYTHING. OH MY GOSH I JUMPED THRU HOOPS TO TRY AND HAVE A NICE DINNER AND THEY STILL WEREN'T HAPPY. NEVER AGAIN WOULD I DO THAT. BESIDES YES I WAS ALSO RAISED WITH MANNERS I EAT WHAT IS PUT BEFORE ME.

I agree 100% with everyone - that man should be ashamed of himself for complaining. I have IBS and would never complain about my friends' cooking, regardless how it might affect my stomach. I can always eat plenty of whatever my stomach can handle or eat when I get home if it wasn't enough. Maybe you should get different couples to have over for lunch/dinner or go to a restaurant.

Terri,

I agree that were some rude guests. My husband now is picky since he takes meds HOWEVER he would

nibble and find something to praise. Being married to me he knows a nice cooked meal is RARE. It is lack of manners that is a shame it was not YOU.

Asking about medical food restrictions is OK but never ask about PICKYNESS. If a person is so picky they can't find anything to eat in a well balanced meal they don't deserve to eat. SPOILED BRATS COME IN ALL AGES; your guest was one.

Planning a Dinner Party
Planning a Dinner Party
Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceNovember 19, 2005
Name Ideas for Pediatric Dental Clinic
Name Ideas for Pediatric Dental Clinic
tomatoes
Answers to Seldom Asked Gardening Questions
A bride and bridesmaids.
Saving Money on Bridesmaid Dresses
Preparing a Passover Meal
Preparing a Passover Meal
🎉
🎄