Dry SkinSkin Care

Preventing Winter Dry Skin

How can I avoid dry skin in winter; which type of moisturizer is good?

By raj23 from Tamilnadu

Body Shop Vitimin E range is good :)

Anything with vitamen E is good. However as I farmer, I found using bag balm is great--it is made to keep cows udders from chapping and it works wonders on dry cracked hands (even on babies bottoms!) Also, we sometimes use a little olive oil as well on hands, elbows and knees.

Vaseline or baby oil, I use 1 them every day & night, good luck.

Watching a dermatologist on TV a while back I learned that instead of buying the expensive moisturizers she recommends sunflower oil, other oils work but she has used sunflower oil for years. I now use it at night and still use my Oil of Olay in the morning. For a soap Dove soap has been my saving grace for very dry skin. I have tried everything for years and finally found that using Dove year round and using the oil at night is working wonders for my dry skin.

Good luck. Sure enjoy the savings the sunflower oil saving me, also. I used regular vegetable oil at night for a couple of weeks until I could find the sunflower oil, it takes so little and feels so good. I rubbed it into my legs and elbows also. I know it sounds weird but if a doctor uses it what the heck I can. Good luck.

Nothing finer than extra virgin coconut oil. Plastic squeeze bottle warmed in your shower. Apply as you step out of the shower. Soaks right in, keeps moisture in, softens, good for wrinkles, not greasy soon as you wait few minutes. No allergens, purity, no chemicals, Healthy. Check other benefits when taken as food.